2012 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Another Great Honda

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Another Great Honda
By mmill_1 on

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had many Honda vehicles in my life including several motorcycles, the Ridgeline, an S2000, a Civic hybrid and now this Accord. Its safe to say I'm a fan but I write this objectively in order to hopefully provide feedback for prospective buyers. I was able to get into this fully loaded Accord and I couldn't be happier (I also intend to update throughout ownership). It feels as solidly built as any other Honda vehicle I have had, the previous best being my '06 Interceptor with the Ridgeline a close second. It is definitely the most advanced. It will be a while before I absorb the functionality of all the systems. Spectacular first impressions.

The power of the V6 is strong, maybe not as much as others in its class but it certainly is not weak, I mean 0-60 in 7.1 is pretty fast. More importantly for me is that the transmission is incredibly smooth at all speeds. I am hardpressed to feel any sort of hesitation. The inside is very roomy, the refinements are beautiful, the bluetooth is excellent and I can download my phone into the display. It will read texts to me and will voice my replies almost perfectly, very cool. The backup camera with the nav is a nice surprise, specifically, how did I live without it before? The steering is tight and responsive, the big rims look awesome with the low profile tires and the chrome trim.

The navigation and blutooth have separate talk buttons to give commands but it has yet to understand a word I have said. Also, the nav is difficult to find where you want to go, but it is early and I may find an easier way to command this system. It does feel like a bigger car that what it is when turning and the speedometer is blocked by the way I like the tilt/telescopic steering wheel and my seat position, annoying. I can also agree the road noise is somewhat high and is a bit firm on the road, minor.