2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Sporty Family Sedan
By onthe4frnt on 11/25/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Honda Accord LX is your typical Honda with slight improvements. This is the 4th Honda I have driven (different generations) and probably one of the best ones. One of the immediate noticeable differences is the road noise. It is greatly reduced, however, still noticeable, just not as noticeable as your typical Honda (barring the 2012 Honda CRV, which has very low road noise). The 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth and responsive, plus great gas mileage. I'm averaging approximately 30 miles per gallon with 60% highway/40% city driving. Handling is much more responsive and tighter than the 2012 Toyota Camry LE (which I drove for 3 months prior).

Not Understanding Other Reviews
By trafficfdr on 11/25/12 01:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda Lifer, I just traded in my '07 Accord lx 4cyl for a 12 Accord se 4 cyl, such a drastic improvement. I wasn't going to be priced gouged by the '13 model. I always figured you get a car with the bugs worked out over the newest toy. OK, the SE model has a power driver's seat, maybe the others cannot adjust the seat and it bothers them, no problem here or with the wife. Noise, no prob's either. Braking, same no complaints. I undetstand that previous years had them. Solid car all around. I was able to get this car for a bargain with the newer model on sale now. Grade "A" vehicle.

An excellent car
By olejoe on 11/11/12 09:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car, and she would call it excellent in every way. I, however would have some very minor reservations. We have owned this car a year now and it has been nearly perfect with no problems in 14k miles. It runs great, drives great, and in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars around. If I were to change anything, it could do with a little less road noise. You can tell when the highway goes from asphalt to concrete by the sound and feel through the steering wheel. I understand road feel is a good thing, but I don't need to hear it as well. I wish it could attain the same mpg as our old 4 cylinder coupe, but you will have that trade off for the wonderful power of the V6!

Wouldn't recommend buying
By annachen239 on 10/21/12 20:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

after driving a Toyota corolla for 12 yearsithought it was time to upgrade to a newer vehicle.since my sister has a 2000Honda accord I thought I'd take a look at the 2012 Honda accord because my sister said its a great car she said its very spacious so I went to a Honda dealership and took a look at the accord,I test drove the V6model exl it did offer great power and the A/c was ice cold.i got a great deal nd bought the car I went with the orchard pearl andivory interior got so many complaints.imtoo, it on the highway to go to work and I heard riddling noise coming from the rear window and the seat were really unsupportive for a 45 mins ride my back starting herting and it was loud too

Severe Back Pain
By shangkarm on 10/01/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car in january 2012 and since then we are having severe back pain and the pain is gradually increasing. if we stop driving this car the pain goes away...and the minute we start...it reappears. we are feeling helpless as their bad designing of the seats are ruining our health. we spoke to our dealer and they said we should call the manufacturer directly. we want to know if there are others who had similar problem and what they did to resolve the problem. I think Honda should recall and replace the seats.

Horrible driver's seat
By mickrickbob on 09/28/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car...except the driver's seat. I have had this car for 6 months now and I am in terrible pain because of the seat. My job requires me to commute 1hr each day and I never look forward to this because I know how much pain I will be in when I get out of my car. I'm not sure if the problem is the seat itself or the headrest. Because the headrest is on an angle, I find myself hunched over when I put my head back. I really wish Honda could find a solution to this problem because that is the only bad thing about this car.

Breaking noise when coming from a complete stop at stop lights
By zintage on 09/15/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It appears that in most of these 1012 models there is a break noise that becomes increasing loud when the weather temperatures increase. This was rather frustrating because I bought this car in the winter of last year and as it became summer the noise became prominent. Before you purchase this car please test drive it during hot weather and let go of the break after coming to a complete stop. It will crunch and grind as if it were a car with 500+ miles on it. My family owns 5 honda accords from previous years and none of them make this noise. The dealer indicates that it's the pads shifting, but if that were the case why does it change with the weather and only in this model.

As good as it gets for under 24K
By rebiii on 09/06/12 11:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my 2005 Nissan Altima for 135K I decided it was time for a new car. I tested the new Altima, Camry, and fusion. All great cars but was able to save some $$$ buying a loaded left-over. The car drives great and Iím averaging about 30 miles a gallon on the highway. The leather seats are comfortable and the stereo is great with SAT.. For the record, I disagree with the review that the 'interior is of poor quality". Honda uses textured hard plastics for the dash but it looks nice and does not appear cheap. I find it easy to clean and maintain its highly scratch resistant. So unless you plan on resting on the dash I think it should be fine for most people...

Road Noise resonates inside the cabin
By nnima on 09/02/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 2012 SE model here in Toronto, Canada, we don't get the leather seats for the SE model here but we get bluetooth instead, no idea why tho, anyway, The car looks okay (better than Camry) has good leg room in the back (Unlike Camry) and despite everyone complaining about the seats has very comfortable seats if you ask me, the problem is road noise on the highway, it drives you crazy, you can barely hear other passengers talking to you when you are doing 100 KM/h (60 mph) on cement highway, the tire thrum, road noise and wind noise resonates inside the cabin like it's a tin can being rolled on the highway and you are inside it!

Back Problems
By pamgattie on 08/28/12 03:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since I bought my Accord at the end of February, I have had lower back problems for the first time in my life. I have had to take a leave of absence to undergo epidural steroid injections. It wasnt until a recent long trip that I made the connection, When it was my turn to drive any lengthy amount of time, the pain returned just the same as the first case of back trouble. I cant go through this pain again and have nothing else to drive. Contacted Honda....we will see.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*