Used 2012 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

my black accord
By christosd

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 accord SE for 2 years . I lease it after my 2002 Mercedes c class took water in the engine in a rain storm and was total. the car is very good for me . it doesn't drive like Mercedes but I was not expecting that . so far zero problems . it is roomy and easy to drive . very good visibility from all sides . very good for driving in long trips . I have no problem with the drivers seat but my wife said that the passenger seat is not as comfortable so she use a special seat pillow. I do about 31 mpg in long trips but incite city driving mpg is not very good average about 15mpg

Favorite Features

roomy ,nice to drive . nice price good visibility .nice trunk space . nice leather interior

Suggested Improvements

brakes could be better .city mpg needs to be improved

Unhappy with 2012 Honda Accord
By vthaxton

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owed Honda's since 1985 and the 2012 is the worse. My 1998 with 250,000 miles drove and rode better than the 2012. Hesitation is a common occurrence. I took it back to the dealership but they claim couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The seats are very uncomfortable. The road noise when driving on the highway is very distracting, you can't hear the radio unless you turn up loud this is not an option when others are in the car. The gas mileage is very good. I will not keep this Honda as long as I have kept the others I have owned.

2012 EX -4 cyl - Uncomfortable seats
By christod

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I lease this car for the last 2+ years and can't wait to give it back . - The seats are very uncomfortable causing lower back and hip pain when driving more than 20 min. I adjusted the seat on any possible way but I couldn't find a comfortable position. -Grinding noise coming from plastics . - The road noise when driving on the highway is very annoying . +Fuel consumption is OK, a full tank for 370-400 miles with regular . +The space for passengers is really good. +Overall no mechanical issues .

Favorite Features

Space for the passengers . Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Seats and road noise on the highway

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6
By peksandtekla

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

excessive road noise is unbearable! Do not buy this car if your looking for a comfortable, quiet ride cause it will drive you crazy & give you a sever headache.

Favorite Features

the design from outside to inside is great. Very good looking car. Looks is so deceiving. Great power on acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Honda has to find a way to reduce road noise on this car.

2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year. I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine. I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife. I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness. The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds. Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

Favorite Features

Leather Heated Seats. Luxury Feel, Nice Stereo, Alloy Wheels and Rims. Plenty of Room as well and awesome on Gas especially on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of. Car is perfect the way it is. Would be nice though to have blu tooth but the handling and performance make up for that vs other cars in the class.