2012 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6
By peksandtekla on 06/27/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

excessive road noise is unbearable! Do not buy this car if your looking for a comfortable, quiet ride cause it will drive you crazy & give you a sever headache.

2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue on 04/09/14 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year. I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine. I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife. I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness. The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds. Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

2012 Accord Disappointment (EX 2.4L)
By pigeonman on 03/24/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda quality for 2012 does not include transmissions. Shifting at low speeds is unpredictable. Hesitation was a common occurance. It left the driver unsure of what to expect when pulling out in traffic. The car feels like an old "boat" from the 1960s. It is too big and bulky. There may be 190HP under the hood but you don't get to use it due to the tranny. For my wife's safety, I traded it after 27,000 miles.

Poor Heat and comfort
By minnesota_jon on 01/22/14 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does not blow hot air when the temp is below 0 deg F. If you live in cold climates and don't want to over dress for a long commute to work, then make sure to test drive this car in the winter on a subzero day before buying. I actually took this car back to the dealer to have the heat checked in my first winter. The dealer said it was working normal. I've since asked other Honda owners about this and they agree that the heat is poor. My old Galant with 230,000 miles heats up much quicker and hotter! I am sadly trading this car in because of this as I'm tired of driving in an icebox. For a car with such a vaunted reputation, I am greatly disappointed with this vehicle.

Nice car ...
By mikes2012honda on 11/25/12 15:49 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...plagued with a high-speed front end shimmy. Our 2012 SE automatic runs and drives great at any speed except between 60-70mph (and above) ...the interstate cruising range. At 3500 miles our car went to the dealer to remedy a healthy 65mph shimmy but to no avail; it's going back again. Before you buy this car, check out the large number of '11 and '12 model year owners who are battling with Honda trying to get their cars to quit shimmying at freeway speeds. Check here on Edmunds ...there's a bunch ...and do an online search. I am hoping our car can be fixed. With the shimmy, the "fun to drive" quotient takes a big hit.

Sporty Family Sedan
By onthe4frnt on 11/25/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Honda Accord LX is your typical Honda with slight improvements. This is the 4th Honda I have driven (different generations) and probably one of the best ones. One of the immediate noticeable differences is the road noise. It is greatly reduced, however, still noticeable, just not as noticeable as your typical Honda (barring the 2012 Honda CRV, which has very low road noise). The 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth and responsive, plus great gas mileage. I'm averaging approximately 30 miles per gallon with 60% highway/40% city driving. Handling is much more responsive and tighter than the 2012 Toyota Camry LE (which I drove for 3 months prior).

Not Understanding Other Reviews
By trafficfdr on 11/25/12 01:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda Lifer, I just traded in my '07 Accord lx 4cyl for a 12 Accord se 4 cyl, such a drastic improvement. I wasn't going to be priced gouged by the '13 model. I always figured you get a car with the bugs worked out over the newest toy. OK, the SE model has a power driver's seat, maybe the others cannot adjust the seat and it bothers them, no problem here or with the wife. Noise, no prob's either. Braking, same no complaints. I undetstand that previous years had them. Solid car all around. I was able to get this car for a bargain with the newer model on sale now. Grade "A" vehicle.

Wouldn't recommend buying
By annachen239 on 10/21/12 20:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

after driving a Toyota corolla for 12 yearsithought it was time to upgrade to a newer vehicle.since my sister has a 2000Honda accord I thought I'd take a look at the 2012 Honda accord because my sister said its a great car she said its very spacious so I went to a Honda dealership and took a look at the accord,I test drove the V6model exl it did offer great power and the A/c was ice cold.i got a great deal nd bought the car I went with the orchard pearl andivory interior got so many complaints.imtoo, it on the highway to go to work and I heard riddling noise coming from the rear window and the seat were really unsupportive for a 45 mins ride my back starting herting and it was loud too

Severe Back Pain
By shangkarm on 10/01/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car in january 2012 and since then we are having severe back pain and the pain is gradually increasing. if we stop driving this car the pain goes away...and the minute we start...it reappears. we are feeling helpless as their bad designing of the seats are ruining our health. we spoke to our dealer and they said we should call the manufacturer directly. we want to know if there are others who had similar problem and what they did to resolve the problem. I think Honda should recall and replace the seats.

Horrible driver's seat
By mickrickbob on 09/28/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car...except the driver's seat. I have had this car for 6 months now and I am in terrible pain because of the seat. My job requires me to commute 1hr each day and I never look forward to this because I know how much pain I will be in when I get out of my car. I'm not sure if the problem is the seat itself or the headrest. Because the headrest is on an angle, I find myself hunched over when I put my head back. I really wish Honda could find a solution to this problem because that is the only bad thing about this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord Sedan in WA is:

$162 per month*