Used 2012 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Yeah
By PATRICK DYER

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Accord is Great!!!!!!!
By RenBees

2012 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2012 Honda Accord LX with just under 36,000 miles in Oct. 2014. My car has recently passed 50,000 miles. I got a great deal from Honda of New Rochelle. All I can say from my year with my Accord is this car is great!!! I can be picky with cars. The center stack has a lot of buttons but you get to it really quickly. This car should have more tech in being a 2012 car but it has everything you need. It is not fast but acceleration is good. The 5 speed transmission is well ratioed and doesn't make you wish for another gear. This car is smooth. It does everything well. If you value practicality this is the car for you. You get a good driving experience in this large comfortable car. I have been averaging just under 26 mpg in 60/40 highway,city. I got 35 mpg on a trip from CT to MA and back , so the mpg estimate are fairly accurate. I would like to get 2 mpg higher but I live in condensed area. This is my first Honda and I am very pleased. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quality, practical car with excellent resale value that gives you a good driving experience on the used car market.

2012 accord (bad power steering)
By syed

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i bought a new 2012 accord .it only have 29000 miles on it .and i have to replace the power steering pump 3 times.and rack and pinion 2 times.thank God it was under warrenty so i didnt have to pay out of my pocket.but i cant belive it happend to me that many times in 3 years.

Still love Hondas
By Will S

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All around still one of these best! The 2012 is not full of tech, but it is comfortable, quiet, high performance, super safe, reliable, easy to use, retained value, and a great family car that does not make you feel like you have no style. This is my 8th Honda (9 if you include the lawn mower). None of them have been anything less than terrific. I tried a Kia, and the seat knob broke off during a test drive. None of my 8 Hondas have done that:) As always, I get much better than listed mileage. The Toyota's we have owned do worse.

An Utterly Depressing Car
By E_W

2012 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Powertrain:
Slow slow slow acceleration. No torque, with flat spots and hesitation everywhere. 5-speed manual has had a crunchy 1-2 shift since new - I'm not a rookie driver. Geared for fuel economy with long jumps between 1-2 and 4-5. Falls on its face when you shift unless you're perfect. E-Throttle is absolutely atrocious and unpredictable. Once I turn the A/C on in the late spring, it stays on until October, because it takes two days to re-learn how to drive the terrible E-throttle and jumpy engine when you toggle between A/C on and off - the engine response is different to the point of multiple personalities. Engine is quiet at speed but thrashy if (when) you have to rev over 3500 RPM in search of some power for everyday acceleration needs. Be prepared for tailgaters unless you're comfortable shifting at Nascar RPM levels. Highway driving is better - 5th is just right for economy vs. not having to downshift much.

Interior:
Cheap materials. Ok layout and good space. I don't share the complaint about the seats, I can drive this car for 10 hours without back issues. I'm 240 lbs, maybe I have a different spine than most. Road noise is insane, louder than commercial trucks I've driven. I've never owned a louder vehicle in my life. Honda doesn't even pretend to make an effort to quiet these cars down. The stitching on the most frequently used seats hasn't separated yet, but it's looking pretty sorry.

Economy:
Until about 60k miles I averaged right around 30 MPG in highway-biased mixed driving with A/C on. Good real world mileage for a bigger car. 33-34 MPG fully loaded on family roadtrips with A/C on. MPG has dropped to about 26 in similar driving, but I'm on factory spark plugs at almost 90k so it's probably time for a tune-up.

Reliability:
No check engine light for 90k miles. 3rd set of rear brakes, but factory fronts - common complaint in these cars but abnormal for a passenger car. Weird popping sound when I first pull out of a parking spot after sitting - happened since day 1 and I don't hear it anymore. Uneven tire wear despite alignments and rotation. Terribly, horribly loud tires as a result of cupping and no sound insulation. Second set of tires, different brand, same result. Had to replace two lower motor mounts at 85k due to clunking, and the car still isn't right. I'm afraid it needs axles although I don't know why it would after 90k of mostly highway. The boots are fine.

Overall Driving Experience: MISERABLE
Slow, hesitate-y, boring, loud, depressing. What seems like a smart buying decision on paper leads to disappointment.

Value:
I got what I considered a screamin' deal on a no-option stick base model. The car feels every bit an economy car although it is economical.