Used 2012 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.

Exterior design, engine, navigation, after being so pleased with a 7th gen this list has fallen short.

Suspension, Brakes, LSD, trunk seems smaller than my '05, not quite sure why such a big back seat is in a coupe. Wish Honda would drop the "cookie cutter" routine and get back to a sports car. I could go without alot of the amenities in this car for improved handling and stopping power. Gauge numbers are smaller than previous generations. Would appreciate a true sports car with Honda's reliability again but don't expect to see it anytime soon. 7 years ago this vehicle would have been more than sufficient as the previous model was in my opinion, however today I feel the bar has been raised and this vehicle has really only been adjusted to accompany a small portion of 6 speed buyers.

Very close to the perfect car
By cmk921

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2009 Accord EX-L 5M sedan that I used for work and a 2006 Corvette convertible (6M) that I used for fun. As often happens in life, circumstances dictated that it would be wise to have one car to do everything. (Divorces suck.) How to combine a work car and a fun car into a fun work car? I need room to haul large items for work, a backseat that 3 kids can inhabit, bulletproof reliability, decent bad weather traction (I live in Cleveland) and enough of a fun factor to keep me entertained - and not miss a Corvette. Also, a manual transmission was a non-negotiable must-have. An upscale brand could also be unwise for business. So I found a car that really does do everything well.

The 3.5L is a truly great engine, combining low end torque and a willingness to rev that is fairly rare. It sounds great, too - thanks, VTEC engineers. The medium-throw shifter is a joy to use, and the clutch becomes very user friendly once you get used to it's unexpectedly light effort. The steering is very good, if shy of great. The car can certainly get up and move when you ask it to. The exterior styling is vaguely Italian in a FWD sort of way; the lines are generally very pleasing to the eye. The audio system is much better than I expected, and the iPod integration was a pleasant surprise. The cargo and passenger space borders on the unbelievable in a mid-sized coupe.

The brakes are about average, and certainly not special. Some of the interior carpeting cuts don't quite match up correctly. FWD brings it's own demerits. Torque steer is present, and the car could really use a LSD. Road noise is always present in classic Honda fashion. My overall MPG is just ok, around 23.5 with a lot of highway miles. I like digital speedometers, and there's no digital speedometer. The instrument display is a little bland, some blue and orange lights could have been stolen from the Acura bin. I'd like to damn the OE Michelins with faint praise; better rubber would turn this car into a top notch FWD sports coupe. That's why God invented the Tire Rack, I guess.

An excellent car
By olejoe

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car, and she would call it excellent in every way. I, however would have some very minor reservations. We have owned this car a year now and it has been nearly perfect with no problems in 14k miles. It runs great, drives great, and in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars around. If I were to change anything, it could do with a little less road noise. You can tell when the highway goes from asphalt to concrete by the sound and feel through the steering wheel. I understand road feel is a good thing, but I don't need to hear it as well. I wish it could attain the same mpg as our old 4 cylinder coupe, but you will have that trade off for the wonderful power of the V6!

The gas pedal :) Appearance (I am worried the wife will rub the paint off she washes it so often) Traction control on slick roads. (Wyoming winters)

Less road noise (Apparently the 2013 is better) Simpler center controls for the stereo/cd/xm/climate control. (I still don't know what every one of those buttons is for)

Better than I expected!
By jwell000

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord, in my opinion, has always been a nice looking (albeit, not all that flashy) auto with known reliability. All of my past automobiles have been American sports cars, luxury sedans, and trucks. While shopping for a new vehicle, I wanted something that was safe and reliable while providing a modest yet stylish middle-class appearance to my clients. I choose an Accord for practical reasons. I knew instantly that I wanted a V6, leather, and a coupe. I figured this would give me the creature comforts I desired in addition to enough horsepower to keep up with traffic. Boy, was I wrong! This car handles better and has more luxury appointments than many of the vehicles I've owned.

My favorite features... I love the integrated bluetooth - I am in the car a lot and on the phone for business. I love the seats - they hold you in place on sharp turns, keep you warm as they're heated, and the memory functions are rather handy. I'm quite shocked with the amount of cargo I can carry between the trunk and the fold-down seat. For being a coupe, the back seat is impressive and extremely comfortable for an adult.

I'd like to see the door-mounted arm rest raised a little higher. A pause button for the iPhone integration would be nice - sometimes I use my phone's GPS (I didn't realize Navigation was offered on a separate model of Accord upon purchase) and hearing music is annoying. Floor mats don't feel all that "heavy duty".

Test the windows before you buy!
By spitfire562

2012 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The windows streak severely after having been washed or after car has been driven in the rain. Even up to two days later when the rest of the (garaged!) car is completely dry rolling the window down and back up will leave severe streak marks obstructing the view from that window and, consequently, the mirrors. Even though me and everybody else who has seen it disagrees and consider it a safety issue, my dealer says this is normal so PLEASE, if you have to use your windows a lot, check before you buy! Shame on Honda!

Use quality parts in your cars. Caring dealers would help, too.