2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Poor Heat and comfort
By minnesota_jon on 01/22/14 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does not blow hot air when the temp is below 0 deg F. If you live in cold climates and don't want to over dress for a long commute to work, then make sure to test drive this car in the winter on a subzero day before buying. I actually took this car back to the dealer to have the heat checked in my first winter. The dealer said it was working normal. I've since asked other Honda owners about this and they agree that the heat is poor. My old Galant with 230,000 miles heats up much quicker and hotter! I am sadly trading this car in because of this as I'm tired of driving in an icebox. For a car with such a vaunted reputation, I am greatly disappointed with this vehicle.

As good as it gets for under 24K
By rebiii on 09/06/12 11:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my 2005 Nissan Altima for 135K I decided it was time for a new car. I tested the new Altima, Camry, and fusion. All great cars but was able to save some $$$ buying a loaded left-over. The car drives great and I’m averaging about 30 miles a gallon on the highway. The leather seats are comfortable and the stereo is great with SAT.. For the record, I disagree with the review that the 'interior is of poor quality". Honda uses textured hard plastics for the dash but it looks nice and does not appear cheap. I find it easy to clean and maintain its highly scratch resistant. So unless you plan on resting on the dash I think it should be fine for most people...

read the long term reliability reviews!!
By kyrider on 01/02/12 14:10 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Don't make the same mistake I did and read the long term reliability consumer reports. The car is GREAT for the first few months (2-3k) and then problems start... I can only speak for my dealer (Sam Swope Honda World) which treated me like I was crazy for reporting a shimmy wheel issue and they weren't able to resolve the problem; but if you read the Edmunds online forums you'll see many similar issues with Accords. I wish I'd read all these before deciding to purchase this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$134 per month*