Used 2012 Honda Accord SE Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2012 accord (bad power steering)
By syed

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i bought a new 2012 accord .it only have 29000 miles on it .and i have to replace the power steering pump 3 times.and rack and pinion 2 times.thank God it was under warrenty so i didnt have to pay out of my pocket.but i cant belive it happend to me that many times in 3 years.

my black accord
By christosd

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 accord SE for 2 years . I lease it after my 2002 Mercedes c class took water in the engine in a rain storm and was total. the car is very good for me . it doesn't drive like Mercedes but I was not expecting that . so far zero problems . it is roomy and easy to drive . very good visibility from all sides . very good for driving in long trips . I have no problem with the drivers seat but my wife said that the passenger seat is not as comfortable so she use a special seat pillow. I do about 31 mpg in long trips but incite city driving mpg is not very good average about 15mpg

roomy ,nice to drive . nice price good visibility .nice trunk space . nice leather interior

brakes could be better .city mpg needs to be improved

2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year.
I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine.
I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife.
I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness.
The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds.
Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

Leather Heated Seats. Luxury Feel, Nice Stereo, Alloy Wheels and Rims. Plenty of Room as well and awesome on Gas especially on the highway.

Nothing I can think of. Car is perfect the way it is. Would be nice though to have blu tooth but the handling and performance make up for that vs other cars in the class.

Nice car ...
By mikes2012honda

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...plagued with a high-speed front end shimmy. Our 2012 SE automatic runs and drives great at any speed except between 60-70mph (and above) ...the interstate cruising range. At 3500 miles our car went to the dealer to remedy a healthy 65mph shimmy but to no avail; it's going back again. Before you buy this car, check out the large number of
'11 and '12 model year owners who are battling with Honda trying to get their cars to quit shimmying at freeway speeds. Check here on Edmunds ...there's a bunch ...and do an online search. I am hoping our car can be fixed. With the shimmy, the "fun to drive" quotient takes a big hit.

Fit and finish are top notch. Strong, flexible engine that pulls from down low and responsive 5-speed automatic transmission. Leather interior is well executed. Seats are firm and, except for the lumbar support, are comfortable. There is good visibility out of the sedan with no glaring blind spots.

Driver's seat lumbar support (on electric, 12-way adjustable seat the comes on the SE model) is *way* too low. The support pokes you right where your spine meets your butt. The drivers-side dash curves inward and you *will* knock your knee cap on it getting into the car Fix the shimmy. This is a *serious* problem that Honda refuses to address or repair. Based on this problem *I cannot recommend this car*. Which for a Honda sounds absurd but nonetheless countless Accords are shimmying down the highways while their owners are on a first name basis with their service department rep. Had I known about this problem I would have bought a Huyndai or Kia.

Not Understanding Other Reviews
By trafficfdr

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda Lifer, I just traded in my '07 Accord lx 4cyl for a 12 Accord se 4 cyl, such a drastic improvement. I wasn't going to be priced gouged by the '13 model. I always figured you get a car with the bugs worked out over the newest toy. OK, the SE model has a power driver's seat, maybe the others cannot adjust the seat and it bothers them, no problem here or with the wife. Noise, no prob's either. Braking, same no complaints. I undetstand that previous years had them. Solid car all around. I was able to get this car for a bargain with the newer model on sale now. Grade "A" vehicle.

Solid driver's car. Handles great. I have had this through Hurricane "Sandy" and our first snow storm here in the Northeast, no problems driving in either conditions.

Improved gas mileage, and pricing the car as "Free". Thanks again Honda.