Used 2012 Honda Accord LX-P Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Poor Decision
By keibie40

2012 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After being an avid Ford Car man for 24 years, I succumbed to the many suggestions from friends and family to try the Honda Accord Sedan. On 6/30/12 I test drove the 2012 LX-P Sedan for only the standard 10 to 15 minute interval. The roads surrounding the Dealership were considerably bumpy, pitted and consistently crowned. The car felt good and the price was excellent so I bought it. The final 17 miles of my 50 mile drive home, was newly paved expressway. Oh God, what did I buy? Significant pulling to the right and shimmy/vibrations began and never stopped. 26 days and 10 visits to Honda, the alignment is correct but I am told that have to live with shimmy/vibration. Worst Decision Ever.

Favorite Features

Interior Space. Comfortable Seating.

Suggested Improvements

Resolve the intrusive wind noise into the cabin. Resolve customers' concerns to their satisfaction and not just to Honda's liking. Resolve the so-called **acceptable shimmy/vibration characteristic of Accord Sedans**. Customers should not be forced to live with a defect, because Honda feels it's acceptable by their standards.

Nice
By paguy

2012 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I respect Edmund's points on the Sonata and the Optima, but this years Accord is a safe bet. I like the fact that it has been in production for years, and honda's have a good track record. Had an 03 until 130k when its started drinking oil. Drove the others, but bottom line I got a super car...got 7 accessories thrown in like ambient lighting, splash guards et al to make a base line really nice. I have always liked honda service as well. the 2012 may be one to scoop up before they change them for 13. My 2 cents, good luck.

Favorite Features

roomy interior, power seat

Suggested Improvements

more horses would be cool, but not really necessary----besides defensive driving saves lives, not more horses.