Used 2012 Honda Accord EX-L Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Awesome car
By Raj

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a pre-owned 12 Accord EX-L coupe no Navi with about 32k miles. I've had the car for about 7 months now and love it. I do about 24k miles a year so I spend alot of time in my car. The seats are comfortable for me and the passengers. It's got plenty of room for a coupe. My mother whose a little older has a little trouble getting in/out but once shes in there shes very comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. Highly reliable, comfy, and most importantly affordable!

A very good buy
By ncleveland90

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2011 accord coupe (2.4 L, auto, EX model) last year and about a month ago I had a straight-on T-bone collision at 50mph with a guy who pulled out in front of me which totaled my car. The accord saved my life and from the pictures of the scene of the crash it was unbelievable that I walked away with just a bruise and small burn. I loved that car and every aspect of it so without hesitation I purchased the 2012 accord coupe to replace it, this time the EX-L model. Though there really wasn't any changes between model years, it is still just as spectacular as my previous one with a few bonuses in the EX to EX-L upgrade.

Other than the proven safety of this vehicle, the sleek design stands out tremendously both exterior and interior, the quality is excellent, the power exerted from the 4-cylinder is impressive (but if the money is there I suggest upping for the V6), great gas mileage for a sporty car, very comfortable and spacious for a coupe, and its quite fun to drive. I've driven it from LA to San Francisco with a 4 people in it and they all said it was a very comfortable ride.

I really do not care for sunroofs, especially since I am 6'3" and I can use all the headroom I can get. I fit in the car with about half an inch to spare but I would love to get the option rather than the sunroof being standard in higher models. So if you're taller than me and are trying to find a coupe to squeeze into, either take the LX-S model or look elsewhere. The amount of road noise is a bit excessive on freeways but the sound system makes for a good opponent against it. Also, not that it is really that big of a deal, but the only other small complaint is that the handling isn't the most responsive. Its decent but for the sportiness of the car it seems a little sluggish.