2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good quality, so so interior...love the manual
By pmm21 on 08/10/12 11:35 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since most cars in this size and price range are automatics and I wanted a manual, this was the car. The seats aren't too great though and it lacks basic options that most LX sedans would have like outside temp and gas mileage reading and maybe auto headlight settings. The manual is smooth as silk although the acceleration is poor. Once you are up and running on the the highway, the car performs nicely and handles good overall. I leased it and it's a good value so I may buy at the end of lease and sell on my own to make some money. It's not a keeper but good enough for now with Honda reliablility.

Seats are awful!
By pjshifi1 on 05/04/12 13:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car two weeks ago. The first time I noticed the issue was on a long drive, 5+/- hours with the car. At the end of the drive, my lower back was on fire and I had a hard time moving around for the rest of that weekend. Then the drive home was worse, because my back already was hurting. These seats are AWFUL! I took the car right back to the dealer and told them about the issue, I was told they really couldn't do anything about it and there is nothing wrong with the seat (it wasn't broken). I then call Honda USA, explained my issue and was given a case number. That case ending in Honda USA basically telling me to pound sand! I have said that I was not the only person with these issues, just go and Google it. The Honda rep to me they were un-aware of any issues like this and they don't pay attention to web postings. Now I have an issue, I have a brand new car that I HATE to drive. I ended up pulling my 10 year old Saab 140K mile (which the Accord was supposed to replace) back out of the garage and parked the Accord. Please Honda, get your stuff together and help myself and all other people get this resolved. These are BRAND NEW cars!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*