2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
my black accord
By christosd on 10/11/14 11:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 accord SE for 2 years . I lease it after my 2002 Mercedes c class took water in the engine in a rain storm and was total. the car is very good for me . it doesn't drive like Mercedes but I was not expecting that . so far zero problems . it is roomy and easy to drive . very good visibility from all sides . very good for driving in long trips . I have no problem with the drivers seat but my wife said that the passenger seat is not as comfortable so she use a special seat pillow. I do about 31 mpg in long trips but incite city driving mpg is not very good average about 15mpg

Unhappy with 2012 Honda Accord
By vthaxton on 08/27/14 14:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owed Honda's since 1985 and the 2012 is the worse. My 1998 with 250,000 miles drove and rode better than the 2012. Hesitation is a common occurrence. I took it back to the dealership but they claim couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The seats are very uncomfortable. The road noise when driving on the highway is very distracting, you can't hear the radio unless you turn up loud this is not an option when others are in the car. The gas mileage is very good. I will not keep this Honda as long as I have kept the others I have owned.

2012 EX -4 cyl - Uncomfortable seats
By christod on 08/06/14 14:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I lease this car for the last 2+ years and can't wait to give it back . - The seats are very uncomfortable causing lower back and hip pain when driving more than 20 min. I adjusted the seat on any possible way but I couldn't find a comfortable position. -Grinding noise coming from plastics . - The road noise when driving on the highway is very annoying . +Fuel consumption is OK, a full tank for 370-400 miles with regular . +The space for passengers is really good. +Overall no mechanical issues .

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6
By peksandtekla on 06/27/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

excessive road noise is unbearable! Do not buy this car if your looking for a comfortable, quiet ride cause it will drive you crazy & give you a sever headache.

2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue on 04/09/14 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year. I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine. I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife. I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness. The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds. Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

2012 Accord Disappointment (EX 2.4L)
By pigeonman on 03/24/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda quality for 2012 does not include transmissions. Shifting at low speeds is unpredictable. Hesitation was a common occurance. It left the driver unsure of what to expect when pulling out in traffic. The car feels like an old "boat" from the 1960s. It is too big and bulky. There may be 190HP under the hood but you don't get to use it due to the tranny. For my wife's safety, I traded it after 27,000 miles.

Poor Heat and comfort
By minnesota_jon on 01/22/14 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does not blow hot air when the temp is below 0 deg F. If you live in cold climates and don't want to over dress for a long commute to work, then make sure to test drive this car in the winter on a subzero day before buying. I actually took this car back to the dealer to have the heat checked in my first winter. The dealer said it was working normal. I've since asked other Honda owners about this and they agree that the heat is poor. My old Galant with 230,000 miles heats up much quicker and hotter! I am sadly trading this car in because of this as I'm tired of driving in an icebox. For a car with such a vaunted reputation, I am greatly disappointed with this vehicle.

Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4 on 06/24/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.

Very close to the perfect car
By cmk921 on 11/25/12 19:18 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2009 Accord EX-L 5M sedan that I used for work and a 2006 Corvette convertible (6M) that I used for fun. As often happens in life, circumstances dictated that it would be wise to have one car to do everything. (Divorces suck.) How to combine a work car and a fun car into a fun work car? I need room to haul large items for work, a backseat that 3 kids can inhabit, bulletproof reliability, decent bad weather traction (I live in Cleveland) and enough of a fun factor to keep me entertained - and not miss a Corvette. Also, a manual transmission was a non-negotiable must-have. An upscale brand could also be unwise for business. So I found a car that really does do everything well.

Nice car ...
By mikes2012honda on 11/25/12 15:49 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...plagued with a high-speed front end shimmy. Our 2012 SE automatic runs and drives great at any speed except between 60-70mph (and above) ...the interstate cruising range. At 3500 miles our car went to the dealer to remedy a healthy 65mph shimmy but to no avail; it's going back again. Before you buy this car, check out the large number of '11 and '12 model year owners who are battling with Honda trying to get their cars to quit shimmying at freeway speeds. Check here on Edmunds ...there's a bunch ...and do an online search. I am hoping our car can be fixed. With the shimmy, the "fun to drive" quotient takes a big hit.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*