2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6
By peksandtekla on 06/27/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

excessive road noise is unbearable! Do not buy this car if your looking for a comfortable, quiet ride cause it will drive you crazy & give you a sever headache.

2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue on 04/09/14 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year. I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine. I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife. I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness. The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds. Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

2012 Accord Disappointment (EX 2.4L)
By pigeonman on 03/24/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda quality for 2012 does not include transmissions. Shifting at low speeds is unpredictable. Hesitation was a common occurance. It left the driver unsure of what to expect when pulling out in traffic. The car feels like an old "boat" from the 1960s. It is too big and bulky. There may be 190HP under the hood but you don't get to use it due to the tranny. For my wife's safety, I traded it after 27,000 miles.

Poor Heat and comfort
By minnesota_jon on 01/22/14 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does not blow hot air when the temp is below 0 deg F. If you live in cold climates and don't want to over dress for a long commute to work, then make sure to test drive this car in the winter on a subzero day before buying. I actually took this car back to the dealer to have the heat checked in my first winter. The dealer said it was working normal. I've since asked other Honda owners about this and they agree that the heat is poor. My old Galant with 230,000 miles heats up much quicker and hotter! I am sadly trading this car in because of this as I'm tired of driving in an icebox. For a car with such a vaunted reputation, I am greatly disappointed with this vehicle.

Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4 on 06/24/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.

Very close to the perfect car
By cmk921 on 11/25/12 19:18 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2009 Accord EX-L 5M sedan that I used for work and a 2006 Corvette convertible (6M) that I used for fun. As often happens in life, circumstances dictated that it would be wise to have one car to do everything. (Divorces suck.) How to combine a work car and a fun car into a fun work car? I need room to haul large items for work, a backseat that 3 kids can inhabit, bulletproof reliability, decent bad weather traction (I live in Cleveland) and enough of a fun factor to keep me entertained - and not miss a Corvette. Also, a manual transmission was a non-negotiable must-have. An upscale brand could also be unwise for business. So I found a car that really does do everything well.

Nice car ...
By mikes2012honda on 11/25/12 15:49 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...plagued with a high-speed front end shimmy. Our 2012 SE automatic runs and drives great at any speed except between 60-70mph (and above) ...the interstate cruising range. At 3500 miles our car went to the dealer to remedy a healthy 65mph shimmy but to no avail; it's going back again. Before you buy this car, check out the large number of '11 and '12 model year owners who are battling with Honda trying to get their cars to quit shimmying at freeway speeds. Check here on Edmunds ...there's a bunch ...and do an online search. I am hoping our car can be fixed. With the shimmy, the "fun to drive" quotient takes a big hit.

Sporty Family Sedan
By onthe4frnt on 11/25/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Honda Accord LX is your typical Honda with slight improvements. This is the 4th Honda I have driven (different generations) and probably one of the best ones. One of the immediate noticeable differences is the road noise. It is greatly reduced, however, still noticeable, just not as noticeable as your typical Honda (barring the 2012 Honda CRV, which has very low road noise). The 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth and responsive, plus great gas mileage. I'm averaging approximately 30 miles per gallon with 60% highway/40% city driving. Handling is much more responsive and tighter than the 2012 Toyota Camry LE (which I drove for 3 months prior).

Not Understanding Other Reviews
By trafficfdr on 11/25/12 01:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda Lifer, I just traded in my '07 Accord lx 4cyl for a 12 Accord se 4 cyl, such a drastic improvement. I wasn't going to be priced gouged by the '13 model. I always figured you get a car with the bugs worked out over the newest toy. OK, the SE model has a power driver's seat, maybe the others cannot adjust the seat and it bothers them, no problem here or with the wife. Noise, no prob's either. Braking, same no complaints. I undetstand that previous years had them. Solid car all around. I was able to get this car for a bargain with the newer model on sale now. Grade "A" vehicle.

An excellent car
By olejoe on 11/11/12 09:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car, and she would call it excellent in every way. I, however would have some very minor reservations. We have owned this car a year now and it has been nearly perfect with no problems in 14k miles. It runs great, drives great, and in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars around. If I were to change anything, it could do with a little less road noise. You can tell when the highway goes from asphalt to concrete by the sound and feel through the steering wheel. I understand road feel is a good thing, but I don't need to hear it as well. I wish it could attain the same mpg as our old 4 cylinder coupe, but you will have that trade off for the wonderful power of the V6!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$131 per month*