Was this car built on a Monday after intoxicated weekend?
By pierre6 on
2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Bought this 2011 Honda Accord EX 4cyl in Jan 2011. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but am getting use to it. The Drivers door does not unlock every time the car is put in park, maybe its getting broke in? My biggest concern, is the Air Conditioning. The Car has 1400 miles, and the AC is barely Cool, not cold.My 2004 honda accord EX A/C is perfect. My 2011 Honda Accord is spending the night at the dealership because I did not want to go another day with a disapointing A/C, so left it with them! Today was 80F outside and the A/C was barely Cool. I traded in my 2004 c230 Mercedes for this Car, just hope this Honda is not a lemon! No problems with my 2004 Honda. Very concerned!!
Favorite Features
Favorite Features are the inside and outside design.
Suggested Improvements
Honda Quality Control needs improvement! Seats uncomfortable. This Car is at the dealership at this time due to Air conditioning problems. Road Noise.
By pierre6
on 03/23/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

Update: The dealer said that the A/C is fine and normal, but yet its colder now?They said that they removed all the freon and weighed it and it was the correct amount, and they put it back in.I just hope they did everything right! Am really worried about this car being a problem child. Other reasons, is the way it shifts.For the record, this is the forth Honda that we have owned, and it seems that Honda is dropping the ball.Honda Quality Control needs improvement! Will wait and see, if other issues surface, I will get rid of this 2011 accord. Miles on car is 1440, 2 months old.

By pierre6
on 10/27/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

Honda brand has been degrading over time. We have owned Hondas in the past (1995 accord) and present (2007 Civic, 2004 Accord) Purchased my 2011 Honda Accord EX and 11 months has passed and on 10,000 miles on the odometer. Below are my observations: First the Bad news: (1)At 500 miles brought the car back to the dealer because the Air conditioner appeared that it did not blow cold Air. Compare it to 2004 Accord which uses the same Freon type which there was a big difference. The Dealer said that there was nothing wrong. But when it is Hot it takes forever to get cool in City driving. On the Highway it cools faster. (2) The Auto lock/unlock system. When the Car reaches 10MPH, the doors automatic lock, if they are unlock for security. When the CAR stops and the gear shift is put in “Park” the Drivers door should unlock (Passenger door unlock if you program them, as per the Manual.) My problem is when the Car is put in “Park” then the driver’s door unlocks about 60% of the time. (3) Third problem is Interior Noise. There is a creaking noise coming from the back seat. It does not respond that much to bumps in the road. It seems like two pieces of metal clicking. Most of the creaking noise is on normal smooth roads, but is very annoying. (4) My last problem and the biggest issue are the front seats. They are very hard, and on long trips my legs and back side get numb. Additionally related to seating on the driver’s side, there is not comfortable place for my left arm to rest while holding the wheel. NOTE: Our 2004 Honda Accord EX and 2007 Civic EX has been great since we purchased it new. Good news: (1) Very nice body style, which is Aerodynamic. (2) Fuel economy is great, average 31 to 32.5 miles per gallon on the interstate (75MPH). Have not reached 34 yet as Honda has advertised. (3) Reliability has always been great on our Honda’s (4) This new style type is larger than older Accords like the 2004 accord. My plan is to bring the car back to the dealer and address the issues noted above, and hope the problems get resolved. As for the Seat problems, other people’s Seat complaint’s search (Websites) has no fix from the Dealers or the Manufacturer. Many people with this condition of the uncomfortable Seats have sold or traded in their Cars, with only a few hundred or thousand miles on the odometer. I am considering on doing the same thing. In closing, the Accord is better and worst in other areas. I still prefer to drive my 2004 Accord mostly because of comfortable seats especially on long trips!

By jackd990
on 06/27/11 20:15 PM (PDT)

Regarding your driver's door failure to unlock "every time the car is put in "Park," mine does the same thing if you turn off the ignition before you put the trans in"Park." After looking in the owner's manual I noted that this is normal and that the door locks are "programmable" as to whether the driver's door unlocks, all the doors unlock or none of the doors unlock. Hope your A/C's okay now.