Uncomfortable Seats in the EX-L
By rzeles on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I just leased a 2011 EX-L after driving a Sonata. I should have stuck with the Sonata. I agree with many of the posts I have seen on the seats. They are horrible. Extremely hard and uncomfortable. I'm 5'7" so maybe may body just doesnt fit properly. I bought a $20 cushion from Autozone, and it made it a little better, however, even after a short ride my rear becomes almost numb. The lumbar is also a problem. Frankly, the car just seems a little too big. Nice ride overall and I like the 190hp 4 cyl. Terrible seats for almost a $27k vehicle.
Favorite Features
190HP engine, overall ride and quality.
Suggested Improvements
Seats should be much more comfortable.
By sonata20t
on 04/22/13 15:04 PM (PDT)

I agree with Jackd990. I have an EX-L 4cyl just like in the picture. The car reminds me of my BMW 740il in the front seat room. Very well designed. I have a big butt so the ride does not other me. It is very practical and drives great. No complaints or issues so far. We did get the Honda 8 year/120K warranty. We also have a 2012 Sonata 2.0T. Would pick the Honda over the Sonata even though the Sonata is faster/quicker because the Honda is more stable going straight and addresses the passenger seat. I agree with you to get a cushion and do your best to make the car comfortable. Hopefully you find that and enjoy the car for a long time.

By jackd990
on 06/10/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

Sorry that you're unhappy with the seats. As I noted in my review: "Can tell that Honda's folks have been spending time in German cars. Firm European ride, firm and supportive seats (we like both) and acceptable road noise..." I also cautioned: "Do not buy this car if you want a "dyna ride" floater like a Toyota or old Buick or squishy sofa seats like a Crown Vic...this is a practical "driver's car" with great resale value...not your father's Oldsmobile!" I'm also sorry that you paid so much for it as I got the same vehicle for less than $500 difference compared to a Hyundai Sonata Ltd. and the Hyundai doesn't offer a power passenger seat.