Uncomfortable seat!
By norberte on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This is my first Accord. I have it for about a month. I did not notice the seat issue with the short test drive. I like everything else about the car. However, I found myself still searching for a comfortable adjustment for the seat after almost a month of driving it. It is so hard and uncomfortable comparing to my Chrysler LHS's nice soft cushy seat. It seems that the adjustment range of the 10 way power seat in the Accord is too limited. The front of the seat is tilted up too high, even at its lowest setting, pinching on the back of my thigh. It feel like I am seating in a folding chair that is about to fold up on me. My bottom and legs feel numb after driving for about half an hour!
Favorite Features
I like the USB interface, that makes the built-in 6 disc changer obsolete. An inexpensive couple of gigabyte USB flash drive can store tons of audio material. The bluetooth phone interface is certainly a nice feature to have.
Suggested Improvements
Certainly the seats should be redesigned. Also the front passenger seat has only a 4 way adjustment, forward/backward and the seat back angle, less than what I am used to with my other cars in the family.
By jackd990
on 06/10/11 07:49 AM (PDT)

As I noted in my review: "Can tell that Honda's folks have been spending time in German cars. Firm European ride, firm and supportive seats (we like both) and acceptable road noise." I also noted: "Do not buy this car if you want a "dyna ride" floater like a Toyota or old Buick or squishy sofa seats like a Crown Vic...this is a practical "driver's car" with great resale value...not your father's Oldsmobile!" Some people like "floaters" (old Cadillacs and Buicks or new Toyotas) and some like cars that handle...it's hard to get BMW handling and ride at this price point. Speaking of other cars, some popular cars in this price/size class don't even have a power passenger seat as an option (Hyundai). BTW...how's the resale value on that cushy Chrysler LHS?