Sport car performance, Honda reliability = win win
By deemic on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I knew I wanted an Accord for my next car. Honestly, before researching I didn't even know Honda made an Accord Coupe though. Once I started researching this vehicle, I knew it was the one for me. It has every option imaginable in this version, except navigation which I haven't missed. The look is definitely Accord, but much much sportier than the sedan version. Also, the handling is improved with the 18in. wheels and tighter suspension. You can paddle shift down a couple gears and take the hair pin curves and freeway ramps with incredible speed and precision. For that handling dynamic, the ride quality suffers slightly. But with a 6 second 0-60, It's well worth it.
Favorite Features
V-Tech is a blast. Go over 4000 RPM and feel an amazing top end boost that just throws that 270 horsepower right at the wheels. Awesome. The look is fantastic. The power leather seats look and feel great. The stock stereo sounds very good, not great, but very good. Love the sunroof and fog lights as well. This car just flat out rocks. It's very roomy for a coupe.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I don't lke it the VCM, Variable Cylinder Management. It shuts down 2 or 3 cylinders to help save fuel and tends to cause a little odd feeback in the transmission and throttle responsiveness that I don't car for. Seems like a little overkill for 3 mpg fuel savings. But I'm learning to live with it. I wish the stereo system was louder, but that's just a personal preference thing that I could remedy with aftermarket components.