Serves its purposes exactly as intended.. with a little bit of class..
By thunderhexed on
2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Tired of the numerous issues I was having with my 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe, I decided it was time to get into something more practical and economical. Trying to dedide what to look at I just figured, hey, why not go back to my roots? My very first car in high school was a very clean and reliable 1985 Honda Accord LX. So off to the honda deealer I went. The first Accord I test drove I purchased a polished metal Accord LX-P. Granted, it doesn't perform like the Infiniti did, but this car just said to me, "hey! It's ok, to slow down a bit and just enjoy the ride and drive!" I feel safer, I can see better, the ride is firm yet supple and my insurance and fuel costs have dropped dramatically!
Favorite Features
Being somewhat of a neatfreak, the first thing that caught my eye was how utilitarian the layout of the dash and interior are. No flashy, sparkly electronic gadgets to get in the way or break later - the dash reminds me of some of the older euro sedans such as BMW and Mercedes - very clean and aesthetically pleasing. The gas mileage is GREAT. In my infiniti, I was filling up with PREMIUM, once a week - in this car, I can go almost TWO WEEKS on a full tank and thats driving 30 miles one-way to work 5 days a week. The exterior fit and finish, looks almost like a BMW in the rear, I had chrome exterior handles and a spoiler added and tinted windows. I constantly get looks and compliments!
Suggested Improvements
Being that the car is primarily plastic and vinyl on the interior, I think a little more soundproofing should be in order. Ive had the car for a year now and have almost 24K miles on it. For the most part, the car is still a dream to drive, mechanically, it has performed flawlessly, however, I have had to have it into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from the rear deck where the speakers are, and there is now a rattle in the front dash near the airbag area - comes and goes with temperature. Base speakers are weak, Bass has to stay on 2 and volume at 10 or below to avoid distortion. Overall, I know its not a high-end luxury sedean but it looks like one and is "almost" there. I'm happy.