I HATE IT!!!
By mreich1 on
2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
This is my fourth Honda in less than 10 years and second accord, so that should tell you how much I have like Honda in the past. Well, they really blew it on this car. I truly hate this car. I hate it so much, that when my lease was up on my Pilot, I replaced it with a Toyata, because Honda obviously does not care. This car is way underpowered. You hit the gas, and almost nothing happens. Goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds. Try going up the hills in San Francisco. You will stall unless you are in first gear. This car should be offered only in a six cylinder. I think I want my 1979 Dodge Colt back. And gas mileage is terrible, of course it should get 25 mpg, it barely has an engine
Favorite Features
comfortable
Suggested Improvements
How about putting some more power into it.
By jackd990
on 09/10/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

In doing some further review...Car & Driver obtained 0-60 times around 7.5 seconds with a 5-spd manual EX-L, which compares well with the mid-7 second times they obtained with the 1998-2002 Accord V-6s (4A) (we had a '98 V-6 and it certainly was quick...ask several BMW 325 owners in our local area!). Edmunds got 0-60 in 8.0 seconds with a 2010 Accord LX (5M) which has 13 less bhp than an EX (the Sonata did 0-60 in the same test at 7.7 seconds). So I can only surmise that: there's something seriously wrong with your Accord (one cylinder is misfiring?!); you're resting his/her foot on the brake while you push the accelerator; or this is a highly suspect (bogus?) "review."

By jackd990
on 09/08/11 09:40 AM (PDT)

Well, I know I live on the other end of the country but we've had our EX-L 4 (5A) to the North Carolina mountains more than once and haven't encountered any such dearth of power. In fact, as I've previously posted, it's almost as quick as our '98 LX V-6 (but does have to downshift more). We're continuing to get 22-35 mpg, which is competitive with any other non-hybrid mid-size sedan. I note that you have a manual tranny and I recently drove one of those and found it to be stronger than our auto. According to the old road tests from the major publications, the current EX 4 is at least as quick as the last two gens were when equipped with 4 bangers. In fact, one of the major mags tested a manual 2008 EX-L Accord and it was as quick to 60 and thru the 1/4 as the '98-'02 V-6 Accords (and quicker than a Sonata)...so I don't understand how yours can have so little power. Is this your first manual tranny?