2011 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A great value

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX-P Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

A great value
By gccmb5 on

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Accord, and they continue to improve and refine them with each new model. Very well put together. I have had mine for about eight months and have almost 10K miles on it. Everything is still as it was when new. No squeaks, rattles, or issues of any kind. Great ride, great feel and handling. Tire noise is a little loud, but once I wear out the Dunlops I'll put on something quiter. I'm 6'4", so the seats could be a little larger, but there is plenty of head room and I have no problems driving for six hours at a stretch. The 4cyl is peppy around town, but it is by no means fast, I would describe it as adequate. I have need averaging just over 30mpg in mixed driving.

Great gas mileage for a car of this size. Huge trunk. Honda reliability and resale value. I love the interior, it is very nice place to spend time. Paint and finish durability is excellent, 10 months and not a single chip or scratch, and that is with quite a bit of hwy driving. Love the telescoping steering wheel, easy to find a comfortable driving position. Very accurate cruise control. Plenty of interior storage. Glad I went for the LX-P: Alloy wheels, security sytem, lighted door and steering wheel buttons plus more for not much more money.

I think they should make the 190HP 4 cylinder the base engine, or make it an option on the LX and LX-P, the 177HP 4cyl is a little weak at hwy speeds, but I didn't want to spend the extra $ to get the EX with the bigger 4cyl. Sound system is lacking, not the best sound quality and no USB input. Placement of the 12V power port in the center consol is strange, it is toward the middle of the compartment which takes up space and is hard to access.