One Sharp Car! Must keep tires at 34+
By nyjock9 on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Picked up my Accord Coup EXL V6 Automatic,polished Metal Metallac,w Black leather interior on Jan 28th for 26,300$ before tax with splash and door guards,wheel locks and trunk tray included. Have 1,000 miles now and my V6 is getting 28mpg highway,15mpg city,fine for such a fast car. I've gotten nothing but praise since i bought the car,surprised i dont see more on the road here in the NY area. One thing i did notice is the dealership had the tire pressue at bout 38lbs!,I knocked them down to bout 35 lbs of pressure and the car is getting fine mileage with great handling and response from a dead stop,any less than 35lbs and the car feels sluggish and the gas mileage drops bout 2 or 3 mpg.
Favorite Features
Maybe the best looking car i have ever owned,have to wash it every week by hand,hate if its dirty at all,big difference from my 2007 Pilot EXL i traded in for this beauty of a car. If i have to make a light before it changes or pass someone,that 271 HP really lets u know u have a real sports car,looking forward to a great summer of travel with my new Coup,test drove the 4cyl,go for the V6,as u see in other reviews,the 6 is alot closer to the 4 in mpg,well worth the few thousand more.
Suggested Improvements
Back seat room is a real issue if 4 large adults are in the car,other than that,the car is a perfect 10 score.
By tcarstar
on 03/12/11 08:04 AM (PST)

Well said! And you got an amazing price! We paid $26,900 for ours and thought we got a great deal (and have no regrets). The EX-L V6 COUPE looks really hot. The car caught my eye a couple months before we bought our car in the parking ramp at a theater we were at. I thought at first it was an Acura or BMW. We have owned the car for two and a half months now and have not one complaint. My wife gets to drive this car and I drive the loaded XLE Camry and I concede she has the better car. She had received one compliment after another about what a great car she has, including one person who thought she had a sports car. And it's a super reliable Honda. I think this EX-L V6 COUPE car is still an undiscovered gem.

By nyjock9
on 03/13/11 07:58 AM (PDT)

Well said as well bud! Your are absolutely right bout our cars bein ubdiscovered gems,i'm yet to see a new COUP V6 since i've bought the car almost 2 months now.I have seen a few older year Accord COUPs and they look nothing like this years model,i think alot of people shy away from the coup in favor of the sedans for the larger back seat or cheaper price. Guess only your wife and the 2 of us know what there missing! I've noticed alot of people in higher end cars staring at my car,wonderen what it is,guess we did something right! Dont forget tires at least 34 or 35,enjoy your amazing new car!

By robloe30
on 02/23/12 23:28 PM (PST)

Wow!!! You got a great deal, I bought the same exact car AND color combo but paid 28,400 w/o any accessories! Great price! You probably could have flipped it and made money! lol

By nyjock9
on 03/09/12 22:09 PM (PST)

hwat i did was bring in the consumers report price quote that they must honor,and after we haggled over the price,made the deal,but then he came back and tried to get 500$ more from me after i traded in my 07 Pilot,and i said i would walk out,he then came back and gave me the car for that price,26,300. the consumer reports is the way to buy all new cars,