Not Impressed
By thinktwice on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I have an EX-L 2011 Sedan that is far from impressive. The road noise on the highway is horrible. It sounds as though the windows are not up all the way. The seats are very uncomfortable as well. I had an 09 TL that I traded for the Accord thinking that the fuel economy would be worth what I was giving up. Well, other than the cost of regular gas vs premium, I'm not saving enough to compensate for what I'm missing. Honda needs to step-up. Although the leather is nice, the dash and console area are very cheap looking plastic. Almost embarrassing. I wish I thought longer before this purchase.
By jackd990
on 06/14/11 11:22 AM (PDT)

I've already posted about our 2011 EX-L, so I won't repeat our observations, but don't understand your gas mileage complaints. I just got 34.3 mpg on a strictly highway run, which included 10-15 min. idling in a fast-food drive-thru. We just went to a beach 3+ hrs away with a load of luggage and ran around for a week in Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head and averaged 27 mpg...all on regular. Lowest mpg commuting has been 22.7 in 5800 miles on the car. I don't think an '09 auto TL was rated at more than 29 mpg on the highway. As for the interior...I've sat in and looked at the TL and it's very nice, but for the extra $5,000+ over an Accord it ought to be! Did you look to see how much plastic is on the other cars in this price range?