2011 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Low MPG

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

By patel_dilip on

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I always liked Honda and decided to go for Accord 2011 EX-L hoping to get good MPG. So far I have managed to get only about 20-22 MPG. At first I thought it is a new car and MPG will improve after putting some miles on my car. Its been 3 months and around 2400 miles and still the same. I am really disappointed now. The interiors are also just about okay, they have used cheap plastic on door handles. The car may be reliable but MPG is so far very disaapointing for which I bought the car in first place.

I like to think it is reliable.

Fuel efficiency?
By jackd990
on 06/14/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

I've already posted about our 2011 EX-L, so I won't repeat our observations, but don't understand your gas mileage complaints. I just got 34.3 mpg on a strictly highway run, which included 10-15 min. idling in a fast-food drive-thru. We just went to a beach 3+ hrs away with a load of luggage and ran around for a week in Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head and averaged 27 mpg...all on regular. Lowest mpg commuting has been 22.7 in 5800 miles on the car.