Kinda Sporty, Kinda Sexy, Very Reliable Coupe
By wcascrs on
2011 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I have the 4 cyl EX w/ AT and it does a lot of things very well. It is very reliable, the engine sounds nice and healthy. I like the AT, it is very smooth shifting. It likes to mostly maintain speed when you let foot off gas as it is trying to stay in higher gear to save fuel. Downshifts nicely when braking. Motor keeps quite low rpms cruising highway. Not amazing torque from stop, but hey, it's a 4 cyl. Steers nice, wheel feels great. Feels very secure to drive on windy road. Visibility is really good out windows. Iím 6í2Ē and still have couple inches headroom, rare for a sporty coupe. If this is the type of car you want, it is very competitive with good build quality, reliability.
Favorite Features
This a very useful coupe - You could fit 4 adults in it easily for a long trip, long as they're not all NBA players! Trunk size reasonable. It's a good looking car - front aggresive looking. Rear has little bit bubble butt look, but I like it. Auto on/off headlights nice , 270W audio system w/ sub sounds great even at low settings, crisp highs, strong lows,, no complaints there, Bluetooth for telephone works well, I like trunk release on key fob, tires holding air pressure really well, some say headrest juts into head, but I find it great. Driver's seat supportive. Note this is a coupe and will sit you low, so count on going down, hiking up to get in and out. Easy to live with, drive daily
Suggested Improvements
Don't expect 30 MPG combined. I did get exactly the EPA rating, 26.2 on tank of 394 miles, equal mix city/highway. I'm easy on throttle, but was hoping for little more like 28. Little high cabin noise on freeway, wonder if certain tires would help. Not too bad though. Foam on bottom sides of seat bit too firm. Have bony hips so that doesnít help. A tilt knob for the seat bottom would be sweet. Power leather seat more comfy though. Base of bottom window tough to clean - wrapped glass cloth around thin metal spatula to fit over high mount stop lamp to clean window. Insurance a little pricey on these - $110 more than last car, a Prius, and that's with $500 comp/$1k coll decuctible.
By nyjock9
on 03/11/11 17:45 PM (PST)

Hello, Glad u like your 4cyl,i just got the V6,EXL Coup,ave bout 21pmg overall,full review coming in bout 2 days.Love my car,just went over 1,000 miles.