Honda Household
By cam on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Just purchased my '11 Accord Coupe and have less than 100 miles on it. Initially thought that the ride was too firm, but tested the tires' air pressures and found them to be 6 to 8 pounds too high. After adjustment the ride is just about right for a performance vehicle. Striking appearance with the polished metal exterior color, black pin stripes, black leather interior and 18" styled, light gray alloy wheels. Have heard criticism about Accord brakes, but these seem great too me, with a good progressive feel as you depress the pedal. Excellent sound system. Handles like it's on a rail with little movement in the corners. Center stack is a little involved, but fun to learn and easy to operate.
Favorite Features
Appearance - exterior and interior, sound system, VCM (changes transparent) 6-cylinder engine with regular gas, 18" wheels, anticipated Honda reliability - now own 4 (1999 - 2011, including my daughter's. Very pleased with all of them. Good rear- seat room, particularly for a coupe.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing significant. Steeply raked rear window a bear to clean on the inside. Higher-end (electrochromatic) rear view mirror. Offer back-up camera without having to purchase the navigation system. Leather seats a little firm but expect them to soften. Road noise could be better but is not a problem.
By nyjock9
on 03/11/11 16:05 PM (PST)

Hey bud,i know what u mean by the tires bein overdone, 38lbs pressure from the dealership,but i knocked them down to 32lbs,and the car handled like a slug,put them back to 35 lbs,and my mpg is alot better and the car is quick off the line and easy to handle,dont mind the kinda firm ride,the mpg and handling makes up for it. I full review should be out in about 2 days, Thank u

By hondafam3
on 05/04/11 18:22 PM (PDT)

I now have 3,500 miles on my coupe and experienced the oil burning issue that I've noted in the comments of others re the VCM engine. My car burned a quart in 3,500 miles. Took it to the dealer. They called Honda and Honda said that up to 1 quart of oil usage per 1,000 miles is within an acceptable range. This is my 4th Honda. The first 3 never experienced this problem. Had Honda disclosed to me that I should expect the VCM engine to use a quart of oil every 3,500 miles I wouldn't have bought the car. The dealer offered no solution other than for me to call Honda and repeat their effort. I'm not optimistic and am very unhappy with my purchase.