Good car but have regrets
By cmncents on
2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Bought my 2011 ex in Dec 2010 for a fair price after trading a 2007 Prius with 88k miles. Like some of the other people who have written reviews I found the short test drive did not reveal some of the negatives of this car and have only myself to blame. Primary complaints: uncomfortable seats, below advertised gas mileage, not having outside temp reading or gas mileage calculator display. I wish I would have kept my prius. For a smaller car it drove great, plenty of cargo space, gas mileage was awesome. Seats more comfortable and even though I have read the possibility of expensive hybrid replacement parts I think I could have put another 70k miles without a major replacement issue.
Favorite Features
Stylish body, smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
Please address the uncomfortable seats and add on board temp display with gas mileage display.
By wcascrs
on 03/08/11 12:28 PM (PST)

You're not the only one who came from a 2nd gen Prius into an Accord - I had a 2009 Prius for 2 1/2 yrs, sold, bought 2011 Accord Coupe. I'm 6'2" and 2nd gen Prius seating never worked for me. I agree the Accord cloth seats with manual adjustment could be better. I know the power leather seats are much more comfortable. I miss the hybrid drive though. Had to wait in long line at metering light this morning - Accord is idling away my $3.80/gal gas whereas a Prius engine would be off during the whole wait in that long line. To be honest, I wish I had gone with the 3rd gen Prius as the seat was a bit more comfortable for me than this Accord. Plus, the 50 MPG day in and out is great. I've rented them many times and they beat the EPA rating. My coupe averages about 26 MPG, even mix of city/highway. That said, my coupe does everything it was designed to do and very well at that.