DON'T BUY A HONDA ACCORD
By carrsss on
2011 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This is my 3rd Honda. When you buy a Honda, you expect a solid car/good value...nothing complicated. My 2011 Honda Accord 4dr has the same problem that started with in 2008 with the current generation...body creak due to a failed rear passenger weld joint. Plus, this car makes all sorts of weird sounds/creaks/groans. Google and find out for yourself – many complainers. Solution? Rip out interior panel and spray toxic lubricant on the interior area of the car. Or bend the metal parts that are rubbing. There is a TSB on point so Honda knows about this problem but is still making cars with the problem.
Favorite Features
Sporty suspension.
Suggested Improvements
No body creaks due to known failed weld joints.
By jackd990
on 06/27/11 09:19 AM (PDT)

Not saying that you don't have a problem but I just "googled" as you suggested and found very few complaints involving defective welds in the current series Accords. I also consulted the NHTSA consumer complaint site at http://www.arfc.org/complaints/ and there were less than 5 entires concerning any remotely related complaint for the entire 2008-2011 series. We very much still like our 3rd Accord (2011 EX-L). Now, let me tell you about my 1982 Japanese-made Mazda B2000 pick-up sometime (if it had been a horse I'd have shot it in the head and left it on the roadside)! Good luck!