Does no one else care about the harsh ride or am I just an old guy who doesn't like the feel of the streets?
By jimbo1937 on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I posted once before about the harsh ride of this car. Only one other post refers to it, yet to me it is very noticeable. I traded in an '04 Prius, which, although a lighter car, was MUCH smoother over road imperfections. All other family members notice the difference. If you've ever been in a smooth driving car, you know what I mean. Can't believe Honda hasn't fixed the problem by now. Tire pressure at 35. If you go over a speed bump, the rear end flies up with a noticeable bang. Maybe I'm just an old guy who expects more comfort that an under #30,000 car provides.
Favorite Features
Exterior and interior looks and design.
Suggested Improvements
Smooth out the ride! What is Honda waiting for?
By gstavros
on 04/13/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

Jimbo - If a smooth, cushy ride is of primary importance to you, you probably should have stuck with Toyota. They are known for having soft, cushy suspension. I had a Camry for a while and it was incredibly smooth, even after I'd put over 100K miles on it. If you were determined to buy a Honda, you probably should have opted for the sedan. Not as sporty as the coupe, but sedans will always feel smoother because the seat isn't as close to the road. Sorry you aren't digging the ride of the coupe. It's not as smooth as my Camry was, but I knew as much going in. By coupe standards, I find it very comfortable, and I actually like being able to feel some of the road. The Camry isolated me from it entirely. It's a trade-off, I guess.

By wcascrs
on 05/20/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

I saw your other post and commented on it. I owned a 2009 Prius for 2 1/2 years and have driven 3rd gen rented Prius over 1k miles. Yeah, Prius non-touring is a cushy ride. The 3rd gen drivers seat is cushy like a lounge chair. Coupe seat is much firmer. I still think my Coupe drives as it should - it's firm and hugs the contours of the road, but I wouldn't call it jarring at all.