2011 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Constant jittering except on t

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Constant jittering except on the smoothest of roads
By jimbo1937 on

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wow, what a disappointing ride after driving a smooth Prius! Except on the very best roads, the car is constantly jittering and taking road imperfections hard. Watch your right leg; it will be constantly moving. Why hasn't Honda corrected this problem? Why do so few comment on it? Don't know why I didn't pick this up on my test drive. Tire pressure at 32. Within two minutes of being in the car, my granddaughter asked me if I HAD test driven it. Love the design and interior, with the heated seats and Bluetooth, but the ride is the key to enjoyment, and the car fails on this test.

Exterior design.

Suspension improvement! Soften the ride, for heaven's sake!
By jimbo1937
on 03/22/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

I brought mine down to 32 and the ride is a little better but not good. I assume the higher the pressure, the worse the ride.

By nyjock9
on 03/21/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

are your tires at 32lbs? my dealer had them at 38! knock them down to bout 34 if so and your ride will smooth out

By wcascrs
on 05/20/11 19:03 PM (PDT)

I don't know your car like you do and i don't drive on your roads, but I don't experience a jittery ride like you describe. The ride is somewhat more taut than a non-touring or non-V Prius of course because those are pretty cushy rides. Accord Coupe has a firmer suspension, but I think it is pretty well suited to the type of car it is. Keep in mind the steering wheel will pick up road imperfections if the road is wavy. I find my coupe pretty darn smooth on decent highway roads although it is no luxury touring car.