Beware of A/C
By bob1991 on
2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
A/C failed at about 5000 miles. took to dealership and they said a stone punctured the condenser. also that this is a common problem which costs about a 1000 dollars to fix. None of the other cars I own have any problems of this kind. This will be my last Honda, why bother getting a trouble prone car when you can get a Toyota or any brand which is not purposefully engineered to make money off repairs.
Favorite Features
Comfortable enough, but My 08 Camry is quieter, more comfortable and smoother ride and less expensive
Suggested Improvements
Better design to prevent A/C failure. Make the cabin quieter and better cushioned seats.
By jackd990
on 06/10/11 20:16 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah...I forgot! Won't your comprehensive car insurance cover the repair? I know folks whose insurance covered such "Acts of God" like stone damage, etc. Our lien-holder requires that we have collision/comprehensive insurance.

By jackd990
on 06/10/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

Did you have a front license plate on the car? Just wondered if one might help protect the condenser. As for your negative comments...as I've previously posted, I've had three Accords and none of them were "purposely engineered" to make money off repairs. Would you say that Toyota's has been "purposely engineered" to be unsafe or maintenance intense (floormats, stuck throttles, engine sludge problems, transmissions built with defective parts, etc.). While I'm sure that your '08 Camry was quieter and softer riding, the difference is between a "driver's car" and an old "Buick-style" floater. Some people prefer float, others prefer handling.