Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed on
2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.
Favorite Features
While it is a pretty big different to go from an almost 300HP posrts coupe to a 4 cylinder Accord, I was surprised at how much pep the car has. I have no trouble getting on interstates in traffic or passing, even with air on. The ride is supple yet firm and responsive. I love the dash layout - has a very euro look to it. Backseat passengers always comment on the ample amount of space. The polished metal with chrome door trim and handles make it look very classy and upscale. I had a spoiler added to the rear deck for added appeal. It gets the looks from the others at work who are getting out of their Benz's and BMWs and such. I can go almost two weeks on a full tank driving 60 miles a day.
Suggested Improvements
Only issue I have to comment on is, being an audiophile, the standard cd system, while adequate for most, is weak in my opinion. I listen to alot of electronic music such as club/house/downtempo and chillout. The speakers sound fine while parked in a garage, but while on highways, i have to turn the system up almost to 20 to hear anything decent and I have to keep the bass on C or 0. I don't blast my music by anymeans cuz i can't stand distortion, but I will definitly be looking into upgrading the speakers and amp system in this car and possibly going with an EX with premium sound next time around!