Used 2011 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very Impressed
By peter777

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well this is my first ever car in US. But I have been driving another 2001 Honda Accord in our family for 3 years. Before buying my own 2011 Honda Accord I test drove the competition- Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima. Both were good at their own places. But when I test drove Honda Accord, I made my mind right away and bought it. What impressed me was the interior spaciousness, and the exterior style. I knew other stuff like the rock solid reliability of Accords and the less desirable traits like road noise they have. But overall package appealed me. The car's seats are really comfortable, road noise is less than 2001 Accord. Acceleration, handling, and breaking are nice for SANE driving.

Favorite Features

Interior spaciousness specially the head room and the rear seat leg room. Exterior styling details, look at the door handles (how sculptured they are) and the exterior (again stylish)mirrors which are rather plain looking on the competition. Road noise is much improved. Controls for the stereo and AC etc. are well within your reach always. Interior materials are also awesome.

Suggested Improvements

None for now, but I wish if I could have the USB hook up function on the stereo.

Uncomfortable Seats in the EX-L
By rzeles

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just leased a 2011 EX-L after driving a Sonata. I should have stuck with the Sonata. I agree with many of the posts I have seen on the seats. They are horrible. Extremely hard and uncomfortable. I'm 5'7" so maybe may body just doesnt fit properly. I bought a $20 cushion from Autozone, and it made it a little better, however, even after a short ride my rear becomes almost numb. The lumbar is also a problem. Frankly, the car just seems a little too big. Nice ride overall and I like the 190hp 4 cyl. Terrible seats for almost a $27k vehicle.

Favorite Features

190HP engine, overall ride and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Seats should be much more comfortable.

3rd Accord...Great Car
By jackd990

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I previously owned 1989 LX (165k+ miles) and 1998 LX V-6 with leather, wood and remote lock options (200k+ miles). Also have extensive driving experience with 1990-93 series, 1994-1997 series and a 2003 EX V-6. Have driven Camrys, Altimas and Sonatas. Purchased 2011 EX-L 4 cyl end of Feb. Already have 3500+ miles on it, with highway trips up to 3 hrs duration. Can tell that Honda's folks have been spending time in German cars. Firm European ride, firm and supportive seats (we like both) and acceptable road noise (it's an Accord!). Drives like smaller car...handles well, loves curves and steering is very direct. Brakes are comparable to '98's (very good).

Favorite Features

Love the interior styling (tan leather) and features {supportive seats with heaters, power passenger seat, adjustable armrest, Bluetooth, and stereo (great sound)}. Very roomy front and rear seating with large windows imparting overall sense of roominess. Surprising acceleration compared to '98 V-6 (also surprising based on road tests...including Edmond's). Not less than 23 mpg thus far, including commuting (we are 13 miles from our work sites in Charlotte, NC). Handling, steering and braking have been impressive...love driving it! Bulletproof resale value. Great deal from Triple A.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed trans, 220 hp 4 cyl, more sound-deadening (all models) and a few more features (LX models)...so that the "professional" road testers and civilian Honda critics will quit carping. Nose could be shorter. Do not buy this car if you want a "dyna ride" floater like a Toyota or old Buick or squishy sofa seats like a Crown Vic...this is a practical "driver's car" with great resale value...not your father's Oldsmobile!

Very nice car for few months only
By kyrider

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2011 Accord in November 2010 and in the beginning I loved everything about the car: handling, interior, exterior. But, after only 2200miles I started having vibrations in the steering wheel @ 65-70mph. Took the car for service and after few times back and forth in service they keep balancing the wheels and saying this is normal for Accord. Of course this is code for we can't fix your car and you just got stuck with a lemon. I know that many people have no issues with their Accords but if you want to roll the dice go ahead buy one.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality

Great car
By aalden

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda, my last two I had for over 10 years each. I bought this because of the reliability and low maintence costs. I love the car, just wish the cabin was quieter. Not sure why people are complaining about the seats, they are comfortable. If you want a luxury car, then spend $30,000 or more for a car, or spend more time driving and checking out the car before you buy it. I do wish it came with a USB port, that should be standard these days.

Favorite Features

Traction control is the best, car handled great in the snow here in New England with all season tires. I love the size of the car, it's got so much room. I love that it has a timing chain now, no more replacing timing belts!

Suggested Improvements

Cabin needs to be quieter and it can be noisy on rough roads. The seat material seems kind of cheap, not as "tough" as later models. Wish it had come standard with a USB port like other cars in it's class and wish my seat had more power options, but for the model I bought, it only came with a few, I had to go up a model to get the seat with all the bells in whistles. Wish the radio buttons were more compact, buttons are huge and spread out, I am short so I have to reach for the fartherst buttons.