Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It is not "the one" for me!
By nova14

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after owning volvos and needless to say, I wish I did NOT! It may be advertised as "the One" but it is a NONE for me. The car is just plain ugly and lacks any sort of fun to drive feel that I had from driving my volvos. It is the most boring and uneventful car out on the road today. The interior design is acceptable and the cost of service is good and those are the only nice things I can honestly say about the car. They advertise the car as holding it's blue book value, but when I took it to the dealership recently to sell it back they took so much off my purchase price that it was not realistic---so don't believe the bunk about resale value--not true.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the car with the thought of downsizing in mind. The car is a clunker....way too big. I recommend looking at the Kia and Hyundai sedans before even remotely considering this car.

DON'T BUY A HONDA ACCORD
By carrsss

2011 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda. When you buy a Honda, you expect a solid car/good value...nothing complicated. My 2011 Honda Accord 4dr has the same problem that started with in 2008 with the current generation...body creak due to a failed rear passenger weld joint. Plus, this car makes all sorts of weird sounds/creaks/groans. Google and find out for yourself many complainers. Solution? Rip out interior panel and spray toxic lubricant on the interior area of the car. Or bend the metal parts that are rubbing. There is a TSB on point so Honda knows about this problem but is still making cars with the problem.

Favorite Features

Sporty suspension.

Suggested Improvements

No body creaks due to known failed weld joints.

Uses Oil
By hondasucks4

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a V6 Accord about a year ago. After a couple oil changes notice car was low of oil after only 5000 miles. Long story short car uses 1 qrt every 1500 miles and honda is doing nothin. Please google Accord oil consumtion before you buy. This is a very bad problem that Honda will not fix for me are many other accord owners. It anyone has questions email me [violative content deleted].

Favorite Features

Nothing

Better than expected
By rich_c4

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car nearly 7k miles so far and it has been great! very stable on the highway and easy to get around town. Long road trips are easy and the interior is just the right amount of form and funtion.

Favorite Features

Solid handling in all kinds of conditions. I use the sun roof all the time so that's a favorite and the drivers seat has lots of possible positions for great comfort. Also really like the automatic headlights.

Suggested Improvements

My model does not have a power passenger seat or heated seats at all but does have heated mirrors... Where I live it would have been nice to have an option for heated and cooled seats.

Not Impressed
By thinktwice

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have an EX-L 2011 Sedan that is far from impressive. The road noise on the highway is horrible. It sounds as though the windows are not up all the way. The seats are very uncomfortable as well. I had an 09 TL that I traded for the Accord thinking that the fuel economy would be worth what I was giving up. Well, other than the cost of regular gas vs premium, I'm not saving enough to compensate for what I'm missing. Honda needs to step-up. Although the leather is nice, the dash and console area are very cheap looking plastic. Almost embarrassing. I wish I thought longer before this purchase.