Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great family car
By perunest

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 4 cylinder EX leather edition. My previous car was a BMW M3 that cost more than twice as much. I bought the Accord for its reliability and the reasonable price for all the features that are inculded. I have 24,177 miles on it in 11 months and I have had no problems. Maintenance on the BMW was minimal while it was in the "free maintenance" period. After that it became very expensive, so I traded it at 50,000 miles.

Comfortable ride, appearance, cost, Blue Tooth, XM.

mpg estimator

1 MPG on my car
By accsio

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I picked up car last week, looked huge to me , i drove small car before..... then used to it. I was satisfied with interior, very good materials: not much of plastic, it has material as well. I've got basic model: no fancy wheels, no sunroof or gps..... big deal, drive ! not have fun with gadgets. Of course , stepped on gas first few times, so my RPM went to 5500-6000.....i thought gas will be eaten as a hell ..... not really, i filled up today and i got 20.5 MPG !!!! I will take that !!! I like that !

Gas Mileage Not as Expected
By finallyahonda

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord for the reliability, resale value, styling, gas efficiency, and comfort. I tried sportier cars but liked the smooth handling and interior design of the Accord. Despite being a little noisier than I prefer, it was the best value for the price. The car looks and feels like a luxury vehicle. My husband has a 3 year old Odyssey and loves it so I thought I'd go with an Accord to be safe. It is a gorgeous car, but it is not living up to the hype. I wanted something with fantastic gas mileage but on the last few tanks I've averaged 19 miles in the city. This is not bad but I've never come close to the 23 mpg as advertised. I'm not a speed demon; I accelerate gradually.

I love the interior styling. At first, I was worried the extra lumbar support would bother me but I was able to adjust the seat to a more comfortable position.

The 4-cylinder engine is a little jerky with quick acceleration but evens out once up to speed. The handling is a little mushy but the car is easy to handle. I wish it had a tighter turning radius and that the back was a little easier to see out of. However the rearview camera makes up for any vision issues when backing up. I wish Honda made the stereo/ipod interface easier to navigate. It is impossible to skip to specific tracks or albums without scrolling through the entire album or artist list. Getting to the W's, for example, can take a while.

2011 Honda Accord coupe
By carsales1

2011 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned car lot for 8 years and have had good luck with hondas. This one was different. The beautiful design of the exterior and the good quality found in past hondas is why I bought it. The seat is rock hard so on 2 hr drives my legs and back hurt. Very uncomfortable car. this car sits very low making it difficult to get in and out. also difficult to find a position to hold the steering wheel so that you can rest your arm while driving. At 7500 miles the front suspension started making a popping sound when stopping and starting off. Honda fixed this free, but it started back the next day. The back also squeaked on bumpy road. Traded in with less than 10 k for a Ford F150. Happy now!

Beautiful exterior. Averaged 28.5 mpg.

Somebody give some thought to making the car at least moderately comfortable. People expect quality when they buy a honda. Not multiple repairs starting at 7500 miles. In my opinion this car is a joke compared to the quality associated with much earlier honda year models. The F 150 super crew cab was only about 6000 more dollars and there is no comparison to the options and all around drive quality that the ford gives versus the honda.

New Accord Is Great!
By bklynborn

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new Accord recently and it is a wonderful car. Very smooth and it rides confidently. The 190 HSP 4-cylinder has more power than I thought it would and feels almost like a V-6. The interior also has lots of room both front and back. The craftsmanship on this car is just terrific and exceeded my expectations. I test drove a Fusion, Camry and Sonata and the Accord handles much better and that ultimately was the deciding factor. To me, it still is the benchmark in this class of automobiles. The only thing they should have included was an outside temperature guage which is a safety feature in cold weather. If you buy this car you won't be disappointed.

Handling, build quality, smoothness, power, interior room

It is sinful that an outside temperature guage is not included in the EX model which cost $25,000. It is included in similiar models: Fusion, Sonata, Altima.