2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
What happened to Honda?
By laxguy95 on 02/16/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car to take over daily driving duties from a 96 Accord. As others have mentioned, the front seats are uncomfortable after 15 minutes of driving. The clutch pedal is very smooth, but it provides no feedback to the driver on dis/engagement. The steering wheel has a very cheap feel from all of the plastic pieces. Sight lines look good from the outside, but there is a jump in height of the interior trim that cuts several inches off the bottom of the rear windows. The car feels as if it was hurried to be finished. Look at how the mirrors are only 2/3 painted and the dash is about an inch short of the the windshield showing foam insulation as examples.

Good car but have regrets
By cmncents on 02/13/11 16:29 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2011 ex in Dec 2010 for a fair price after trading a 2007 Prius with 88k miles. Like some of the other people who have written reviews I found the short test drive did not reveal some of the negatives of this car and have only myself to blame. Primary complaints: uncomfortable seats, below advertised gas mileage, not having outside temp reading or gas mileage calculator display. I wish I would have kept my prius. For a smaller car it drove great, plenty of cargo space, gas mileage was awesome. Seats more comfortable and even though I have read the possibility of expensive hybrid replacement parts I think I could have put another 70k miles without a major replacement issue.

great deal
By rog2867 on 02/13/11 10:02 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the EX-L V6 with nav for 26000, no on even touched that price in NJ. Purchased yesterday and will pick up tomorrow. Will write a full review after I get to drive it. Currently have 2008 same model but residual on lease was to high to purchase. Some nice new features. Memory seating finally and rear camera.

Disappointed if I'm going to be honest
By ur_valet on 02/12/11 18:20 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First its very noisy, sound insulation very low you wont even be able to use a Bluetooth. Stock stereo is total garbage no clarity above 40% of the volume. Very harsh ride definitely not for NYC streets. So far I average 22mpg with 40city/60hwy driving. It desperately needs a sixth gear because on a hwy u will have 3000rpm at 72mph probably will improve the mpgs as well. Overall its a very good looking car with nicely designed interior and for the money its hard to match but Koreans are getting very close. Once the lease expires will not be getting another honda. This is my 2nd and probably last unless they step up overall build quality. Very happy i didn't buy this.

Better than I thought....
By aces_full on 02/11/11 19:02 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have to admit, this was not my first choice in cars, but I live in the city and just needed a car to get around on the weekends and a night or 2 during the week. That being said, the Accord does the job well. Overall the looks have grown on me (including the gaudy chrome grille) and the acceleration is better than adequate; definitely better than I expected based on the reviews I read. Trunk space is excellent and so is the access - I was coming from an SUV. The wheels on the EX give the car a sporty look. Overall a good car, but I do have some complaints you will see....

Low MPG
By patel_dilip on 02/08/11 18:50 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I always liked Honda and decided to go for Accord 2011 EX-L hoping to get good MPG. So far I have managed to get only about 20-22 MPG. At first I thought it is a new car and MPG will improve after putting some miles on my car. Its been 3 months and around 2400 miles and still the same. I am really disappointed now. The interiors are also just about okay, they have used cheap plastic on door handles. The car may be reliable but MPG is so far very disaapointing for which I bought the car in first place.

Great car especially for the price
By jaymac04 on 02/04/11 11:22 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, I like the exterior look of the car, and I knew that I wanted one since the body style change in 2008. The big negative I read from consumer reviews on the 2010 models were the seats being uncomfortable. However, I could not disagree more, the seats are comfortable, the car is fun to drive, and all the buttons are within reaching distance. The heated seats warm quickly. The only negative I have is the gas mileage does not seem to be accurate. Although I drive mostly highway, the car still only averages around 25 miles to the gallon. If that's my only complaint about the car, then I have made a wise purchasing decision.

I'm pretty darn impressed!!
By socalicious on 02/02/11 13:11 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had it for 3 days now and i have to say is an awesome machine to drive, i know it sounds fancy but it deserves the title IMHO. I'm a guy who has driven 8 and 6 cylinders cars for years but the way gas prices are now i decided to go for a smaller engine and after carefully consideration i chose this 1. I can't complain about this engine its middle of the week and i still have more than half a tank and have driven over 200 miles. I love how it handles the curves, great stability. I know is not a sports car but it drives sweet and looks sweet too!! it feels great when people get a glimpse of you while you drive by.. you wont regret it

Low MPG
By onlyhondas on 01/15/11 16:02 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have put about 500 miles on my new 2011 Accord and have yet to achieve anything near the reported MPG ratings. I was hoping that it would get better after a few fill ups but only got 17.6 mpg on this last tank that was 80% in town and 20 highway. I squeaked out 20 mpg on the previous tank that was about 60% highway. Well below the rated 27 MPG for combined driving. I love the car but the low mpg is very discouraging especially since I gave up my beloved Civic to trade up.

Great Car
By usmc75 on 01/08/11 18:17 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a 2010 Honda civic could not handle the noise and ride. Got the Accord LX-P WOW what a difference it's like day and night. Love my accord, power,ride roomy and MPG. Thanks Honda

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord in VA is:

$125 per month*