Used 2011 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Disappointed
By hondafam3

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up to my initial review. I now have 3,500 miles on my coupe and experienced the oil burning issue that I've noted in the comments of others re the VCM engine. My car burned a quart in 3,500 miles. Took it to the dealer. They called Honda and Honda said that up to 1 quart of oil usage per 1,000 miles is within an acceptable range. This is my 4th Honda. The first 3 never experienced this problem. Had Honda disclosed to me that I should expect the VCM engine to use a quart of oil every 3,500 miles I wouldn't have bought the car. The dealer offered no solution other than for me to call Honda and repeat their effort. I'm not optimistic and am very unhappy with my purchase.

Design, handling, power.

Fix the oil burning problem with the VCM technology or scrap it and solve the mileage problem with a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Honda does it again!
By gstavros

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda. I love the solid feel of a Honda. It feels different than anything else on the road. I've had the Accord Coupe for about a month now. It drives about like I expected - super, but the big surprise has been the interior space. I am 6'2" and from the front seat, the cabin spreads up, out and down and envelopes me in comfort. The handling and braking are outstanding, and acceleration for a 4-cylinder is very nice. The complaint some have about the buttons is something I don't understand. I had them figured out in a day. But yeah, if you want big, toy-like dials, this isn't the car for you. Great trunk space and visibility for a coupe too.

The ride, the quiteness of the cabin, the instrumentation, the handling and braking, the brisk acceleration and highway passing prowess, the sleek exterior lines, the luxurious leather upholstery, the tremendous attention to detail that Honda puts in their cars, and the peace of mind that comes with owning one of the most reliable and high-value brands on the road. Oh, and getting the car at $1,300 under invoice with 0.9% financing didn't hurt.

I've driven the car everyday for a month, and I have only two very small suggested improvements: 1) the silver swoop on the interior of the doors is visually appealing, but it's in the exact place where one is likely to rest his/her left knee while cruising and is therefore ergonomically ill-placed; and 2) it would be nice if the iPod interface displayed the name of the songs instead of just the track number. Other than that, it's all good!

Love My Accord Coupe, Just NOT the Bluetooth
By really1

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car. The Ride is great because of the excellent double wishbone front suspension (wish it was still in the back also). The 4 cyl needs more torque. The Bluetooth is the worst of the manufacturer's system's. My Ford Sync was FAR superior. The Accord is a better drive though. No Satellite radio without leather! Really??

Handling, Engine/Transmission, Gas Mileage, Ride

Better Bluetooth. Less Road Noise. More features on the lower models - EX used to rate higher. Bring back badging on the back (LX, EX etc...)

Does no one else care about the harsh ride or am I just an old guy who doesn't like the feel of the streets?
By jimbo1937

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I posted once before about the harsh ride of this car. Only one other post refers to it, yet to me it is very noticeable. I traded in an '04 Prius, which, although a lighter car, was MUCH smoother over road imperfections. All other family members notice the difference. If you've ever been in a smooth driving car, you know what I mean. Can't believe Honda hasn't fixed the problem by now. Tire pressure at 35. If you go over a speed bump, the rear end flies up with a noticeable bang. Maybe I'm just an old guy who expects more comfort that an under #30,000 car provides.

Exterior and interior looks and design.

Smooth out the ride! What is Honda waiting for?

Constant jittering except on the smoothest of roads
By jimbo1937

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wow, what a disappointing ride after driving a smooth Prius! Except on the very best roads, the car is constantly jittering and taking road imperfections hard. Watch your right leg; it will be constantly moving. Why hasn't Honda corrected this problem? Why do so few comment on it? Don't know why I didn't pick this up on my test drive. Tire pressure at 32. Within two minutes of being in the car, my granddaughter asked me if I HAD test driven it. Love the design and interior, with the heated seats and Bluetooth, but the ride is the key to enjoyment, and the car fails on this test.

Exterior design.

Suspension improvement! Soften the ride, for heaven's sake!

• SUV