2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
long gone the Honda myth of reliability
By kyrider on 12/15/11 18:59 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a 2011 EX-L sedan and after 6 month I started to experience steering wheel shake, took the car back to dealer more than 5 times and they can't find the problem. Last time they told me this is "normal" road noise.... go figure from a 6 months old car the wheel shakes like crazy and they can't find a problem !? If this is Honda quality I'm looking at other brands. Check forums for many many similar issues with the Honda Accords. I contacted BBB to get this issue resolved because Honda is not making good on their warranty. Over time Honda brand has slipped way down in quality/value. Look at other brands for better buy for your buck. Better options for same price @ other brands.

Do your research before purchase,lots of complaints!
By 2011lemonlx on 11/04/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This will be the last Honda chosen, have also a 2005 model which is a great car. 2011 EX-L 4cyl is more like a lemon,driving 135 highway miles daily, speed 60-75mph, fuel mileage 26-27mpg,no mountains,1 person in the car, has issue with fuel tank when more than half filled you hear fuel splashing in the back giving impression of waterbed in the trunk. Hydroplaning starts at 55 mph with normal rain, rear brake pads wear prematurely,driver seat lumbar defective causing discomfort and requiring to adjust seat constantly to remain in the car. Leather is low quality, exterior appears cheap, "lighting section" left & right to license plate is fake, would not recommend this vehicle.

Honda brand is degrading over time
By pierre6 on 10/27/11 08:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas in the past (1995 accord) and present (2007 Civic, 2004 Accord) Purchased my 2011 Honda Accord EX and 11 months has passed and on 10,000 miles on the odometer. Below are my observations: First the Bad news: (1)At 500 miles brought the car back to the dealer because the Air conditioner appeared that it did not blow cold Air. Compare it to 2004 Accord which uses the same Freon type which there was a big difference. The Dealer said that there was nothing wrong. But when it is Hot it takes forever to get cool in City driving. On the Highway it cools faster. (2) The Auto lock/unlock system. When the Car reaches 10MPH, the doors automatic lock, if they are unlock for security. When the CAR stops and the gear shift is put in “Park” the Drivers door should unlock (Passenger door unlock if you program them, as per the Manual.) My problem is when the Car is put in “Park” then the driver’s door unlocks about 60% of the time. (3) Third problem is Interior Noise. There is a creaking noise coming from the back seat. It does not respond that much to bumps in the road. It seems like two pieces of metal clicking. Most of the creaking noise is on normal smooth roads, but is very annoying. (4) My last problem and the biggest issue are the front seats. They are very hard, and on long trips my legs and back side get numb. Additionally related to seating on the driver’s side, there is not comfortable place for my left arm to rest while holding the wheel. NOTE: Our 2004 Honda Accord EX and 2007 Civic EX has been great since we purchased it new. Good news: (1) Very nice body style, which is Aerodynamic. (2) Fuel economy is great, average 31 to 32.5 miles per gallon on the interstate (75MPH). Have not reached 34 yet as Honda has advertised. (3) Reliability has always been great on our Honda’s (4) This new style type is larger than older Accords like the 2004 accord. My plan is to bring the car back to the dealer and address the issues noted above, and hope the problems get resolved. As for the Seat problems, other people’s Seat complaint’s search (Websites) has no fix from the Dealers or the Manufacturer. Many people with this condition of the uncomfortable Seats have sold or traded in their Cars, with only a few hundred or thousand miles on the odometer. I am considering on doing the same thing. In closing, the Accord is better and worst in other areas. I still prefer to drive my 2004 Accord mostly because of comfortable seats especially on long trips!

Don't let looks deceive you....
By bimmercity1 on 10/10/11 05:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on account that I could not afford to buy what I really wanted. I wanted sporty and reliable. I was told top look at Honda. I ended up looking at the Accourd Coupe. It looked great on the outside. It's been 5 months, I am so disappointed with Honda. 1. It's the EX you would think top of the line would add insulation. I hear everything. I cannot use bluthooth on the highway. Dimmer on the display is a joke, light sensor too sensitive. Suspension is too soft, steering well has not been centered from day one. Windows if lowered, vibrate so does everything in storage along with rear shelf. Only some buttons are lit at night?? No puddle/underdash lights.

Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed on 10/04/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.

I HATE IT!!!
By mreich1 on 08/30/11 22:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda in less than 10 years and second accord, so that should tell you how much I have like Honda in the past. Well, they really blew it on this car. I truly hate this car. I hate it so much, that when my lease was up on my Pilot, I replaced it with a Toyata, because Honda obviously does not care. This car is way underpowered. You hit the gas, and almost nothing happens. Goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds. Try going up the hills in San Francisco. You will stall unless you are in first gear. This car should be offered only in a six cylinder. I think I want my 1979 Dodge Colt back. And gas mileage is terrible, of course it should get 25 mpg, it barely has an engine

Another Winner from Honda
By bdazzled on 08/21/11 14:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 09 Civic Sedan for the 2011 Accord LX-P. What a ride! Drives like a dream. All features are right there in front of you, easy/user friendly. I can't believe the engine is only a 4-cylinder for such a big car. This car has spunk. Why others have said the seats are uncomfortable, is beyond me. With the 8-position power seats & the Telescoping steering wheel-I was able to meld myself to the seat perfectly. Like sitting on my sofa at home. So far, this car has been perfect. I hope to Update this review in the Spring after our Winter here in the N.E. That's a true test for any car.

Great family car
By perunest on 08/14/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 4 cylinder EX leather edition. My previous car was a BMW M3 that cost more than twice as much. I bought the Accord for its reliability and the reasonable price for all the features that are inculded. I have 24,177 miles on it in 11 months and I have had no problems. Maintenance on the BMW was minimal while it was in the "free maintenance" period. After that it became very expensive, so I traded it at 50,000 miles.

1 MPG on my car
By accsio on 08/04/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I picked up car last week, looked huge to me , i drove small car before..... then used to it. I was satisfied with interior, very good materials: not much of plastic, it has material as well. I've got basic model: no fancy wheels, no sunroof or gps..... big deal, drive ! not have fun with gadgets. Of course , stepped on gas first few times, so my RPM went to 5500-6000.....i thought gas will be eaten as a hell ..... not really, i filled up today and i got 20.5 MPG !!!! I will take that !!! I like that !

Gas Mileage Not as Expected
By finallyahonda on 07/29/11 00:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord for the reliability, resale value, styling, gas efficiency, and comfort. I tried sportier cars but liked the smooth handling and interior design of the Accord. Despite being a little noisier than I prefer, it was the best value for the price. The car looks and feels like a luxury vehicle. My husband has a 3 year old Odyssey and loves it so I thought I'd go with an Accord to be safe. It is a gorgeous car, but it is not living up to the hype. I wanted something with fantastic gas mileage but on the last few tanks I've averaged 19 miles in the city. This is not bad but I've never come close to the 23 mpg as advertised. I'm not a speed demon; I accelerate gradually.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord in VA is:

$125 per month*