2011 Honda Accord LX-P
By mike_in_sc on
2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Coming from a 2000 Honda Civic, this is a big step up. My Accord is a polished metal metallic (dark gray) LX-P and looks decently sharp for a mid-size sedan. I like most things about the Accord, but am a little disappointed that the interior isn't that much more comfortable than my Civic. I'm a relatively tall guy (6'2") and really wish the steering wheel telescoped out farther. I have to move the seat up much closer than I'd like to be able to comfortably reach the steering wheel, so a lot of the extra room gained by moving up from the Civic is not really usable to me. The lumbar support is too aggressive and not adjustable on the LX-P model.
Favorite Features
Handles well for such a large car, decent fuel economy, slightly tweaked front and rear styling (many don't care for the new styling, but I like it). Has a solid feel. I have no doubt this Accord will give me many years of trouble-free operation. Definitely not the newest or best looking car in its class, but it's overall a solid offering.
Suggested Improvements
Driver's seat leaves a lot to be desired. Overly aggressive lumbar support takes a lot of getting used to. Luckily I was able to get used to it. Based on many online forums I've come across, not everyone does. Interior is OK otherwise, definitely not best in class, but feels like it will hold up better than some of the rivals (Sonata, Camry...even the redesigned 2012 Camry, which I owned for two weeks before buying the Accord and absolutely HATED....most uncomfortable - for me - car I've ever had the displeasure to own...others really like it, so I guess comfort is subjective). This model is toward the end of its life cycle, and as such the technology is very basic on most trim levels.