2011 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Accord EXL V-6 Blows Smoke
By trcolli on 03/07/12 14:16 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have 22k on my 2011 Accord EXL V-6 and it blows a blue/white smoke on hard acceleration. Looks like an old Volvo Diesel with smoke billowing in the in the mirror. Its done this since new - dealer says its common but not a problem?? Makes me wonder. This is the 3rd Accord I've owned, all previous 4cyl. Never had a problem with any of them.

many issues!!! buyer beware
By kyrider on 01/26/12 16:01 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I finally met with the Factory Rep in my area and he verbally ack the shimmy issue but refused to put in writing! Of course, he's not stupid.... [non-permissible content removed]

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
By beachgirl100 on 01/18/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am still debating if I like this car! I had a SUV for 12 years and downsized for fuel economy. The seats are very uncomfortable and the road noise is HORRIBLE. You CANNOT hear someone in the backseat talking to you on interstate without them almost yelling at you. If I had to do it all again, I would not choose this car based on the interior noise and very uncomfortable seat. I have read reviews and saw that others have complaints about the seats as well so I guess nothing can or will be done to correct my car (problem). Definitley take for a test drive on interstate if possible..

A great value
By gccmb5 on 01/05/12 19:27 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Accord, and they continue to improve and refine them with each new model. Very well put together. I have had mine for about eight months and have almost 10K miles on it. Everything is still as it was when new. No squeaks, rattles, or issues of any kind. Great ride, great feel and handling. Tire noise is a little loud, but once I wear out the Dunlops I'll put on something quiter. I'm 6'4", so the seats could be a little larger, but there is plenty of head room and I have no problems driving for six hours at a stretch. The 4cyl is peppy around town, but it is by no means fast, I would describe it as adequate. I have need averaging just over 30mpg in mixed driving.

read reviews before buying!!
By kyrider on 12/20/11 06:14 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many people are reporting steering wheel vibration and dealers can't fix this issue. For example read this thread: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f197b14/0 Do your research before buying! Some people are reporting success in having Honda admit there is an issue but I bet not everybody has money for a lawyer. The best course of action is to call BBB Auto line and get them involved. With enough people complaining Honda must look into this issue.

long gone the Honda myth of reliability
By kyrider on 12/15/11 18:59 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a 2011 EX-L sedan and after 6 month I started to experience steering wheel shake, took the car back to dealer more than 5 times and they can't find the problem. Last time they told me this is "normal" road noise.... go figure from a 6 months old car the wheel shakes like crazy and they can't find a problem !? If this is Honda quality I'm looking at other brands. Check forums for many many similar issues with the Honda Accords. I contacted BBB to get this issue resolved because Honda is not making good on their warranty. Over time Honda brand has slipped way down in quality/value. Look at other brands for better buy for your buck. Better options for same price @ other brands.

Do your research before purchase,lots of complaints!
By 2011lemonlx on 11/04/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This will be the last Honda chosen, have also a 2005 model which is a great car. 2011 EX-L 4cyl is more like a lemon,driving 135 highway miles daily, speed 60-75mph, fuel mileage 26-27mpg,no mountains,1 person in the car, has issue with fuel tank when more than half filled you hear fuel splashing in the back giving impression of waterbed in the trunk. Hydroplaning starts at 55 mph with normal rain, rear brake pads wear prematurely,driver seat lumbar defective causing discomfort and requiring to adjust seat constantly to remain in the car. Leather is low quality, exterior appears cheap, "lighting section" left & right to license plate is fake, would not recommend this vehicle.

Honda brand is degrading over time
By pierre6 on 10/27/11 08:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas in the past (1995 accord) and present (2007 Civic, 2004 Accord) Purchased my 2011 Honda Accord EX and 11 months has passed and on 10,000 miles on the odometer. Below are my observations: First the Bad news: (1)At 500 miles brought the car back to the dealer because the Air conditioner appeared that it did not blow cold Air. Compare it to 2004 Accord which uses the same Freon type which there was a big difference. The Dealer said that there was nothing wrong. But when it is Hot it takes forever to get cool in City driving. On the Highway it cools faster. (2) The Auto lock/unlock system. When the Car reaches 10MPH, the doors automatic lock, if they are unlock for security. When the CAR stops and the gear shift is put in “Park” the Drivers door should unlock (Passenger door unlock if you program them, as per the Manual.) My problem is when the Car is put in “Park” then the driver’s door unlocks about 60% of the time. (3) Third problem is Interior Noise. There is a creaking noise coming from the back seat. It does not respond that much to bumps in the road. It seems like two pieces of metal clicking. Most of the creaking noise is on normal smooth roads, but is very annoying. (4) My last problem and the biggest issue are the front seats. They are very hard, and on long trips my legs and back side get numb. Additionally related to seating on the driver’s side, there is not comfortable place for my left arm to rest while holding the wheel. NOTE: Our 2004 Honda Accord EX and 2007 Civic EX has been great since we purchased it new. Good news: (1) Very nice body style, which is Aerodynamic. (2) Fuel economy is great, average 31 to 32.5 miles per gallon on the interstate (75MPH). Have not reached 34 yet as Honda has advertised. (3) Reliability has always been great on our Honda’s (4) This new style type is larger than older Accords like the 2004 accord. My plan is to bring the car back to the dealer and address the issues noted above, and hope the problems get resolved. As for the Seat problems, other people’s Seat complaint’s search (Websites) has no fix from the Dealers or the Manufacturer. Many people with this condition of the uncomfortable Seats have sold or traded in their Cars, with only a few hundred or thousand miles on the odometer. I am considering on doing the same thing. In closing, the Accord is better and worst in other areas. I still prefer to drive my 2004 Accord mostly because of comfortable seats especially on long trips!

Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed on 10/04/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.

I HATE IT!!!
By mreich1 on 08/30/11 22:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda in less than 10 years and second accord, so that should tell you how much I have like Honda in the past. Well, they really blew it on this car. I truly hate this car. I hate it so much, that when my lease was up on my Pilot, I replaced it with a Toyata, because Honda obviously does not care. This car is way underpowered. You hit the gas, and almost nothing happens. Goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds. Try going up the hills in San Francisco. You will stall unless you are in first gear. This car should be offered only in a six cylinder. I think I want my 1979 Dodge Colt back. And gas mileage is terrible, of course it should get 25 mpg, it barely has an engine

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*