2011 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda does it again!
By gstavros on 04/13/11 07:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda. I love the solid feel of a Honda. It feels different than anything else on the road. I've had the Accord Coupe for about a month now. It drives about like I expected - super, but the big surprise has been the interior space. I am 6'2" and from the front seat, the cabin spreads up, out and down and envelopes me in comfort. The handling and braking are outstanding, and acceleration for a 4-cylinder is very nice. The complaint some have about the buttons is something I don't understand. I had them figured out in a day. But yeah, if you want big, toy-like dials, this isn't the car for you. Great trunk space and visibility for a coupe too.

Love My Accord Coupe, Just NOT the Bluetooth
By really1 on 03/27/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car. The Ride is great because of the excellent double wishbone front suspension (wish it was still in the back also). The 4 cyl needs more torque. The Bluetooth is the worst of the manufacturer's system's. My Ford Sync was FAR superior. The Accord is a better drive though. No Satellite radio without leather! Really??

Does no one else care about the harsh ride or am I just an old guy who doesn't like the feel of the streets?
By jimbo1937 on 03/26/11 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I posted once before about the harsh ride of this car. Only one other post refers to it, yet to me it is very noticeable. I traded in an '04 Prius, which, although a lighter car, was MUCH smoother over road imperfections. All other family members notice the difference. If you've ever been in a smooth driving car, you know what I mean. Can't believe Honda hasn't fixed the problem by now. Tire pressure at 35. If you go over a speed bump, the rear end flies up with a noticeable bang. Maybe I'm just an old guy who expects more comfort that an under #30,000 car provides.

Constant jittering except on the smoothest of roads
By jimbo1937 on 03/20/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wow, what a disappointing ride after driving a smooth Prius! Except on the very best roads, the car is constantly jittering and taking road imperfections hard. Watch your right leg; it will be constantly moving. Why hasn't Honda corrected this problem? Why do so few comment on it? Don't know why I didn't pick this up on my test drive. Tire pressure at 32. Within two minutes of being in the car, my granddaughter asked me if I HAD test driven it. Love the design and interior, with the heated seats and Bluetooth, but the ride is the key to enjoyment, and the car fails on this test.

One Sharp Car! Must keep tires at 34+
By nyjock9 on 03/11/11 15:42 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my Accord Coup EXL V6 Automatic,polished Metal Metallac,w Black leather interior on Jan 28th for 26,300$ before tax with splash and door guards,wheel locks and trunk tray included. Have 1,000 miles now and my V6 is getting 28mpg highway,15mpg city,fine for such a fast car. I've gotten nothing but praise since i bought the car,surprised i dont see more on the road here in the NY area. One thing i did notice is the dealership had the tire pressue at bout 38lbs!,I knocked them down to bout 35 lbs of pressure and the car is getting fine mileage with great handling and response from a dead stop,any less than 35lbs and the car feels sluggish and the gas mileage drops bout 2 or 3 mpg.

Kinda Sporty, Kinda Sexy, Very Reliable Coupe
By wcascrs on 02/22/11 16:46 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 4 cyl EX w/ AT and it does a lot of things very well. It is very reliable, the engine sounds nice and healthy. I like the AT, it is very smooth shifting. It likes to mostly maintain speed when you let foot off gas as it is trying to stay in higher gear to save fuel. Downshifts nicely when braking. Motor keeps quite low rpms cruising highway. Not amazing torque from stop, but hey, it's a 4 cyl. Steers nice, wheel feels great. Feels very secure to drive on windy road. Visibility is really good out windows. I’m 6’2” and still have couple inches headroom, rare for a sporty coupe. If this is the type of car you want, it is very competitive with good build quality, reliability.

What happened to Honda?
By laxguy95 on 02/16/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car to take over daily driving duties from a 96 Accord. As others have mentioned, the front seats are uncomfortable after 15 minutes of driving. The clutch pedal is very smooth, but it provides no feedback to the driver on dis/engagement. The steering wheel has a very cheap feel from all of the plastic pieces. Sight lines look good from the outside, but there is a jump in height of the interior trim that cuts several inches off the bottom of the rear windows. The car feels as if it was hurried to be finished. Look at how the mirrors are only 2/3 painted and the dash is about an inch short of the the windshield showing foam insulation as examples.

Disappointed if I'm going to be honest
By ur_valet on 02/12/11 18:20 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First its very noisy, sound insulation very low you wont even be able to use a Bluetooth. Stock stereo is total garbage no clarity above 40% of the volume. Very harsh ride definitely not for NYC streets. So far I average 22mpg with 40city/60hwy driving. It desperately needs a sixth gear because on a hwy u will have 3000rpm at 72mph probably will improve the mpgs as well. Overall its a very good looking car with nicely designed interior and for the money its hard to match but Koreans are getting very close. Once the lease expires will not be getting another honda. This is my 2nd and probably last unless they step up overall build quality. Very happy i didn't buy this.

EX-L V6 Accord Coupe is Upscale, Sporty, Reliable and Even Hot!
By tcarstar on 01/08/11 10:37 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 looks great outside and inside. The exterior looks upscale and sporty like an entry-level luxury car. The handling is tight and sporty. The black leather interior looks sporty and upscale. It's hot! The Accord coupe exterior looks different than the sedan. I would compare the V6 Accord Coupe more to an Infinity or Acura than a Camry, Fusion or Sonata sedan. We also own a loaded 2010 Camry XLE sedan to compare against. The Camry has a more comfortable, quiet and luxurious ride, but the Accord V6 Coupe is more sporty and hot looking inside and out. The Honda Accord is super reliable, so you always have dependable transportation and no headaches. It's a good buy.

Love it!
By cntenn on 12/13/10 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this car a little over a week but I love it. We have previously owned a CR-V, Civic, and Accord Sedan so we are Honda people. When it was time to purchase a new car, we wanted something reliable, fun, and sporty. The Honda Accord Coupe V6 fit the bill and it comes with great gas mileage too! It is fun to drive and I know that it will give us the reliability that we were looking for.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe in VA is:

$124 per month*