2011 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
BORING, desperately boring
By gangofme on 03/26/14 10:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never questioned the reliability and build quality of Honda cars. This is my third. But I need out of it. I'm getting too old to think the rest of my life will be spent wondering if i'll be able to merge onto Texas highway traffic, and having cars behind me wishing I'd install a supercharger on this slothful, well-built family car. The aftermarket doesn't exist for this car. Know why? Because you need to start with a realistic platform to even think about buying more performance! If you're retired, or maybe wanting a slow safe car for your teen, this car is for you. If you like to drive, not so much.

Peeling Paint
By drfish on 07/22/13 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The paint on our new 2011 Honda Accord began peeling off after not quite two years. Both front and rear bumpers had paint peel off. Some pieces were 4X5 inches in size. The Honda rep allowed that Honda would repaint our bumpers as a "courtesy" because there was no evident cause. The body shop told be that the reason for the peeling paint was an improper repair of previous damage. Honda told me that they had no information on the car regarding previous repair history. They said that they just manufacture the cars and are not responsible once the car is delivered to the dealer. Seems that Honda lacks in honesty and integrity.

Overall Great Car
By edson1957 on 03/20/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The gas mileage on this vehicle is excellent. It is a very nice car to drive. However my one major complaint is that it noisy when out on the road. You can really hear a lot of road noise. Needs to be a much quieter ride.

many issues!!! buyer beware
By kyrider on 01/26/12 16:01 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I finally met with the Factory Rep in my area and he verbally ack the shimmy issue but refused to put in writing! Of course, he's not stupid.... [non-permissible content removed]

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
By beachgirl100 on 01/18/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am still debating if I like this car! I had a SUV for 12 years and downsized for fuel economy. The seats are very uncomfortable and the road noise is HORRIBLE. You CANNOT hear someone in the backseat talking to you on interstate without them almost yelling at you. If I had to do it all again, I would not choose this car based on the interior noise and very uncomfortable seat. I have read reviews and saw that others have complaints about the seats as well so I guess nothing can or will be done to correct my car (problem). Definitley take for a test drive on interstate if possible..

read reviews before buying!!
By kyrider on 12/20/11 06:14 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many people are reporting steering wheel vibration and dealers can't fix this issue. For example read this thread: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f197b14/0 Do your research before buying! Some people are reporting success in having Honda admit there is an issue but I bet not everybody has money for a lawyer. The best course of action is to call BBB Auto line and get them involved. With enough people complaining Honda must look into this issue.

Do your research before purchase,lots of complaints!
By 2011lemonlx on 11/04/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This will be the last Honda chosen, have also a 2005 model which is a great car. 2011 EX-L 4cyl is more like a lemon,driving 135 highway miles daily, speed 60-75mph, fuel mileage 26-27mpg,no mountains,1 person in the car, has issue with fuel tank when more than half filled you hear fuel splashing in the back giving impression of waterbed in the trunk. Hydroplaning starts at 55 mph with normal rain, rear brake pads wear prematurely,driver seat lumbar defective causing discomfort and requiring to adjust seat constantly to remain in the car. Leather is low quality, exterior appears cheap, "lighting section" left & right to license plate is fake, would not recommend this vehicle.

Great family car
By perunest on 08/14/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 4 cylinder EX leather edition. My previous car was a BMW M3 that cost more than twice as much. I bought the Accord for its reliability and the reasonable price for all the features that are inculded. I have 24,177 miles on it in 11 months and I have had no problems. Maintenance on the BMW was minimal while it was in the "free maintenance" period. After that it became very expensive, so I traded it at 50,000 miles.

Love my 2011 EX-L
By leesmart on 06/09/11 08:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my new Honda EX-L after researching the Infiniti G, Nissan Altima and Hyundai Sonata. Passed on the Infiniti due to cost and premium fuel. Was moving from my 2000 Nissan Maxima which I was disappointed with due to minor things like the sun glasses holder and arm rest breaking and other parts failing. Liked the look of the Sonata but unsure of reliability and resale value. Test drove the Accord and fell in love. The ride is great. Not sure why people are complaining about the seats. With the many seat settings I was able to find one that works perfect for me. The interior gives the feeling of riding in a high priced European car. Pros: Handling, regular gas Cons: No home link.

Uncomfortable seat!
By norberte on 05/22/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Accord. I have it for about a month. I did not notice the seat issue with the short test drive. I like everything else about the car. However, I found myself still searching for a comfortable adjustment for the seat after almost a month of driving it. It is so hard and uncomfortable comparing to my Chrysler LHS's nice soft cushy seat. It seems that the adjustment range of the 10 way power seat in the Accord is too limited. The front of the seat is tilted up too high, even at its lowest setting, pinching on the back of my thigh. It feel like I am seating in a folding chair that is about to fold up on me. My bottom and legs feel numb after driving for about half an hour!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.