2011 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
BORING, desperately boring
By gangofme on 03/26/14 10:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never questioned the reliability and build quality of Honda cars. This is my third. But I need out of it. I'm getting too old to think the rest of my life will be spent wondering if i'll be able to merge onto Texas highway traffic, and having cars behind me wishing I'd install a supercharger on this slothful, well-built family car. The aftermarket doesn't exist for this car. Know why? Because you need to start with a realistic platform to even think about buying more performance! If you're retired, or maybe wanting a slow safe car for your teen, this car is for you. If you like to drive, not so much.

LOVE my accord.
By vegas71 on 11/24/13 02:50 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a '94 accord ex coupe as a first car- literally could not kill it. So after some not so great luck with a nissan, and deciding a toyota was too bland for me, I decided I wanted another accord. Got an awesome deal on this one! Love the heated leather seats and the leg room (I'm 6'1). I didn't think a 4 cyl could move a car this heavy, but it actually has some pretty decent power (for what it is). Love the safety features, especially after a recent wreck. I wanted a safe, reliable car and the accord is just that.

Peeling Paint
By drfish on 07/22/13 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The paint on our new 2011 Honda Accord began peeling off after not quite two years. Both front and rear bumpers had paint peel off. Some pieces were 4X5 inches in size. The Honda rep allowed that Honda would repaint our bumpers as a "courtesy" because there was no evident cause. The body shop told be that the reason for the peeling paint was an improper repair of previous damage. Honda told me that they had no information on the car regarding previous repair history. They said that they just manufacture the cars and are not responsible once the car is delivered to the dealer. Seems that Honda lacks in honesty and integrity.

Great Pick
By hondafan32 on 06/10/13 14:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord is a great car and we have had ours for 3 weeks. It is plenty fast and handles well despite what some magazines say. Yes it is a little big but it drives small. The VCM and grade logic are good features but can get annoying if you don't know how to manipulate them. Ours is white and it stays cool in the heat. The AC is great and so is the sunroof. I wish there was a back-up camera and Bluetooth but they aren't really needed as the visibility is great and you shouldn't be on the phone while driving anyways. The turning radius is FANTASTIC as are the headlights and all of the safety features. Road noise can be intrusive at times but it's not a deal breaker.

Overall Great Car
By edson1957 on 03/20/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The gas mileage on this vehicle is excellent. It is a very nice car to drive. However my one major complaint is that it noisy when out on the road. You can really hear a lot of road noise. Needs to be a much quieter ride.

Not what was promised in milage.
By hondaaccord11 on 12/15/12 11:20 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We do not know what other cars like this one does, but our car averages 13 miles per gallon in San Francisco driving. Most of our city driving is done on flat ground. Very little driving is done on hills. Our 2000 8 cylinder Chevy truck makes 11 miles per gallon with the same type of driving. We had expected to average less than the 24 miles per gallon advertised, but not at the ridiculously low rate of 13. The other major gripe is the seat belt. It has to be one of the most inconvient in buckeling. If you do not have the rear view camera, you will have major problems is seeing where you are backing into.

2011 Honda Accord LX-P
By mike_in_sc on 07/07/12 19:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Coming from a 2000 Honda Civic, this is a big step up. My Accord is a polished metal metallic (dark gray) LX-P and looks decently sharp for a mid-size sedan. I like most things about the Accord, but am a little disappointed that the interior isn't that much more comfortable than my Civic. I'm a relatively tall guy (6'2") and really wish the steering wheel telescoped out farther. I have to move the seat up much closer than I'd like to be able to comfortably reach the steering wheel, so a lot of the extra room gained by moving up from the Civic is not really usable to me. The lumbar support is too aggressive and not adjustable on the LX-P model.

Great experience
By marissas on 06/25/12 11:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda accord is comfy, roomie, I absolutely love it!!!!

Serves its purposes exactly as intended.. with a little bit of class..
By thunderhexed on 05/18/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tired of the numerous issues I was having with my 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe, I decided it was time to get into something more practical and economical. Trying to dedide what to look at I just figured, hey, why not go back to my roots? My very first car in high school was a very clean and reliable 1985 Honda Accord LX. So off to the honda deealer I went. The first Accord I test drove I purchased a polished metal Accord LX-P. Granted, it doesn't perform like the Infiniti did, but this car just said to me, "hey! It's ok, to slow down a bit and just enjoy the ride and drive!" I feel safer, I can see better, the ride is firm yet supple and my insurance and fuel costs have dropped dramatically!

Accord = back and neck pain
By ponygal1 on 04/03/12 11:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hated this car. Got rid of it after a year. Seats were extraordinarily uncomfortable and caused problems for the whole family. Headrests put your chin on your chest (neck, upper back pain), and the angle of the seats caused hip and low back pain. I didn't expect much power, but the mileage wasn't even that great. Cheap build quality - Honda ain't what it used to be.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*