2011 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
another happy owner
By ernie26 on 03/17/14 14:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 45k miles on my car and haven't had to do anything other than routine maintenance. Actually, this car has been a better and more dependable performer than my wife's Lexus. I bought this car because my daughter sold her Accord coupe to a friend with 400k+ miles and they're still friends. I would have rather bought an American car but..... well, you know about the reliability issues. I'm placating myself knowing that although made by Honda it was manufactures in Tennessee.

Not what it used to be.....
By emtjjp on 08/01/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda's in the past, my first car was an Accord (1992). So when I needed to purchase a reliable car, I went back to the Accord. How times have changed. The first thing I noticed is the build quality has gone down hill (cheap plastics, rattles in strange places etc). I had to replace my "battery" at 15K miles (what they consider a battery) and have just replaced the REAR brake pads and rotors at 29K miles. To me, it seems like Honda has started cheaping out. This will be my last Honda, until they start putting some quality back into their vehicles.

Sport car performance, Honda reliability = win win
By deemic on 06/08/13 07:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I knew I wanted an Accord for my next car. Honestly, before researching I didn't even know Honda made an Accord Coupe though. Once I started researching this vehicle, I knew it was the one for me. It has every option imaginable in this version, except navigation which I haven't missed. The look is definitely Accord, but much much sportier than the sedan version. Also, the handling is improved with the 18in. wheels and tighter suspension. You can paddle shift down a couple gears and take the hair pin curves and freeway ramps with incredible speed and precision. For that handling dynamic, the ride quality suffers slightly. But with a 6 second 0-60, It's well worth it.

Hidden gem in the sport coupe class
By deemic on 05/12/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most people are looking at Ford Mustangs or Chevy Camaros or even Dodge Challengers when shopping for a sport coupe. Time to rethink. This super reliable gem has 271 horsepower, accelerates 0-60 in around 6 seconds, and is extremely responsive. Factor in the amenities like a 270 watt stereo system, power windows, power locks, 2 position memory seating, leather seats, sunroof, dual zone climate control, Bluetooth interface, paddle shifters, TPMS, Oil Life Monitor, 18 inch wheels.... well you get the picture. It's loaded, classy, reliable and looks fantastic. I look forward to every drive. The only thing I've noticed is a slight push when driving hard through turns. But still top notch vehicle

LOVE THIS ROCKET SHIP!
By robloe30 on 02/23/12 23:57 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very picky about what I drive, which is why I chose the Coupe. This car has beautiful lines, I can't tell you how many compliments I get on this car. I bought the Polished Metal with Black Leather and couldn't be more happier. I could easily see 10 years from now this car still turning heads. I really wanted to buy stick shift but after I saw the automatic came with the paddle-shifters I chose the automatic and couldn't be more happy. What is truly amazing is that I've seen used versions of my car selling for nearly what I paid for the car Brand NEW! Oh Honda, I love their re-sale value. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Genesis Coupe. Oh and did I mention the car is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Don't let looks deceive you....
By bimmercity1 on 10/10/11 05:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on account that I could not afford to buy what I really wanted. I wanted sporty and reliable. I was told top look at Honda. I ended up looking at the Accourd Coupe. It looked great on the outside. It's been 5 months, I am so disappointed with Honda. 1. It's the EX you would think top of the line would add insulation. I hear everything. I cannot use bluthooth on the highway. Dimmer on the display is a joke, light sensor too sensitive. Suspension is too soft, steering well has not been centered from day one. Windows if lowered, vibrate so does everything in storage along with rear shelf. Only some buttons are lit at night?? No puddle/underdash lights.

2011 Honda Accord coupe
By carsales1 on 07/28/11 20:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned car lot for 8 years and have had good luck with hondas. This one was different. The beautiful design of the exterior and the good quality found in past hondas is why I bought it. The seat is rock hard so on 2 hr drives my legs and back hurt. Very uncomfortable car. this car sits very low making it difficult to get in and out. also difficult to find a position to hold the steering wheel so that you can rest your arm while driving. At 7500 miles the front suspension started making a popping sound when stopping and starting off. Honda fixed this free, but it started back the next day. The back also squeaked on bumpy road. Traded in with less than 10 k for a Ford F150. Happy now!

Punchy!
By eberleb on 07/19/11 22:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Things I'm not crazy about: 1) Body styling- but I didn't buy this car for looks. I bought it for the affordability with a good engine and a manual transmission. 2) Seats are kinda uncomfortable on road trips, but again I bought this car for performance, not comfort. Things I really like: 1) Engine gets up and GOES! 2) 6 speed manual is really responsive and I can get power to the wheels very quickly when some idiot is doing 65 in the left lane and I have to zip around him and make him feel like the moron that he/she is. 3) Interior design is well thought-out. All controls are easily within arms reach. 4) Bluetooth- 'nuff said. Creature comforts coupled with performance= Great car!

08 Accord Coupe
By acc33 on 05/08/11 12:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am reviewing a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe v6-L that I recently traded in at the end of my lease. I dont think a whole lot with the car has changed in the past few years and I wanted to share my experience with the car. For me this car is better on the highways than on city streets. The suspension is rigid and you feel a lot of the bumps associated with city driving. The car is long and wide so it's not nimble on narrow streets. However, it is very smooth on the highways. Corners great and really grips the road. Acceleration is awesome. Accord steering is the best out there and you feel "in touch" with the road. The car does not do well in the snow. Interior road noise significant.

Disappointed
By hondafam3 on 05/04/11 18:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up to my initial review. I now have 3,500 miles on my coupe and experienced the oil burning issue that I've noted in the comments of others re the VCM engine. My car burned a quart in 3,500 miles. Took it to the dealer. They called Honda and Honda said that up to 1 quart of oil usage per 1,000 miles is within an acceptable range. This is my 4th Honda. The first 3 never experienced this problem. Had Honda disclosed to me that I should expect the VCM engine to use a quart of oil every 3,500 miles I wouldn't have bought the car. The dealer offered no solution other than for me to call Honda and repeat their effort. I'm not optimistic and am very unhappy with my purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe in NJ is:

$208 per month*