Used 2011 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not exactly a sports car, but a Grand Coupe withV6
By louspag@msn.com

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With the V6, the EX-L Coupe is more Acura than Honda. I've owned 2 BMW's, and I'm used to a "driver's car". Handling-wise, this is no BMW, but power-wise, the V^ certainly does not disappoint. This car is tops for reliability and reasonable dealer service fees. It is also a super safe vehicle. I bought this one after being rear ended and run over by a Mack truck in a 2008 Honda EX-L V6. No, its not as fun as a BMW, but if you want a nice looking vehicle that is somewhat fun to drive, go for the V6.

Absolute Garbage!
By Adam

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Honda accord ex coupe automatic at a Honda dealership in Oct. of 2015 certified used with 37k miles. The transmission has already started to grind gears, accelerates on its own when at a red light as well as oil burns extremely quickly. This is an almost new car owned by an older couple who traded in for a Honda Crosstour. This car is poor in every aspect and I will NEVER be buying a Honda Again! Going right back to Dodge, not Honda garbage.

another happy owner
By ernie26

2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 45k miles on my car and haven't had to do anything other than routine maintenance. Actually, this car has been a better and more dependable performer than my wife's Lexus.

I bought this car because my daughter sold her Accord coupe to a friend with 400k+ miles and they're still friends.

I would have rather bought an American car but..... well, you know about the reliability issues. I'm placating myself knowing that although made by Honda it was manufactures in Tennessee.

style and realiability

If I had to find fault, I'd suggest improvements on ride quality. And, my being a short person (5'7'') I find it difficult seeing out the back when backing-up (I wish I had the the back-up camera).

Not what it used to be.....
By emtjjp

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda's in the past, my first car was an Accord (1992).
So when I needed to purchase a reliable car, I went back to the Accord.
How times have changed.
The first thing I noticed is the build quality has gone down hill (cheap plastics, rattles in strange places etc).
I had to replace my "battery" at 15K miles (what they consider a battery) and have just replaced the REAR brake pads and rotors at 29K miles.
To me, it seems like Honda has started cheaping out.
This will be my last Honda, until they start putting some quality back into their vehicles.

Potent 4cyl engine, exterior style.

Put a bigger OEM battery in (400 CCA? Really?), put longer lasting brakes on the car, take the word "Premium" off the stereo (I hardly consider that premium), figure out and fix the strange rattles.

Sport car performance, Honda reliability = win win
By deemic

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I knew I wanted an Accord for my next car. Honestly, before researching I didn't even know Honda made an Accord Coupe though. Once I started researching this vehicle, I knew it was the one for me. It has every option imaginable in this version, except navigation which I haven't missed. The look is definitely Accord, but much much sportier than the sedan version. Also, the handling is improved with the 18in. wheels and tighter suspension. You can paddle shift down a couple gears and take the hair pin curves and freeway ramps with incredible speed and precision. For that handling dynamic, the ride quality suffers slightly. But with a 6 second 0-60,
It's well worth it.

V-Tech is a blast. Go over 4000 RPM and feel an amazing top end boost that just throws that 270 horsepower right at the wheels. Awesome. The look is fantastic. The power leather seats look and feel great. The stock stereo sounds very good, not great, but very good. Love the sunroof and fog lights as well. This car just flat out rocks. It's very roomy for a coupe.

The only thing I don't lke it the VCM, Variable Cylinder Management. It shuts down 2 or 3 cylinders to help save fuel and tends to cause a little odd feeback in the transmission and throttle responsiveness that I don't car for. Seems like a little overkill for 3 mpg fuel savings. But I'm learning to live with it. I wish the stereo system was louder, but that's just a personal preference thing that I could remedy with aftermarket components.