Used 2011 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

another happy owner
By ernie26

2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've got 45k miles on my car and haven't had to do anything other than routine maintenance. Actually, this car has been a better and more dependable performer than my wife's Lexus. I bought this car because my daughter sold her Accord coupe to a friend with 400k+ miles and they're still friends. I would have rather bought an American car but..... well, you know about the reliability issues. I'm placating myself knowing that although made by Honda it was manufactures in Tennessee.

style and realiability

If I had to find fault, I'd suggest improvements on ride quality. And, my being a short person (5'7'') I find it difficult seeing out the back when backing-up (I wish I had the the back-up camera).

Not what it used to be.....
By emtjjp

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda's in the past, my first car was an Accord (1992). So when I needed to purchase a reliable car, I went back to the Accord. How times have changed. The first thing I noticed is the build quality has gone down hill (cheap plastics, rattles in strange places etc). I had to replace my "battery" at 15K miles (what they consider a battery) and have just replaced the REAR brake pads and rotors at 29K miles. To me, it seems like Honda has started cheaping out. This will be my last Honda, until they start putting some quality back into their vehicles.

Potent 4cyl engine, exterior style.

Put a bigger OEM battery in (400 CCA? Really?), put longer lasting brakes on the car, take the word "Premium" off the stereo (I hardly consider that premium), figure out and fix the strange rattles.

Sport car performance, Honda reliability = win win
By deemic

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I knew I wanted an Accord for my next car. Honestly, before researching I didn't even know Honda made an Accord Coupe though. Once I started researching this vehicle, I knew it was the one for me. It has every option imaginable in this version, except navigation which I haven't missed. The look is definitely Accord, but much much sportier than the sedan version. Also, the handling is improved with the 18in. wheels and tighter suspension. You can paddle shift down a couple gears and take the hair pin curves and freeway ramps with incredible speed and precision. For that handling dynamic, the ride quality suffers slightly. But with a 6 second 0-60, It's well worth it.

V-Tech is a blast. Go over 4000 RPM and feel an amazing top end boost that just throws that 270 horsepower right at the wheels. Awesome. The look is fantastic. The power leather seats look and feel great. The stock stereo sounds very good, not great, but very good. Love the sunroof and fog lights as well. This car just flat out rocks. It's very roomy for a coupe.

The only thing I don't lke it the VCM, Variable Cylinder Management. It shuts down 2 or 3 cylinders to help save fuel and tends to cause a little odd feeback in the transmission and throttle responsiveness that I don't car for. Seems like a little overkill for 3 mpg fuel savings. But I'm learning to live with it. I wish the stereo system was louder, but that's just a personal preference thing that I could remedy with aftermarket components.

Hidden gem in the sport coupe class
By deemic

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most people are looking at Ford Mustangs or Chevy Camaros or even Dodge Challengers when shopping for a sport coupe. Time to rethink. This super reliable gem has 271 horsepower, accelerates 0-60 in around 6 seconds, and is extremely responsive. Factor in the amenities like a 270 watt stereo system, power windows, power locks, 2 position memory seating, leather seats, sunroof, dual zone climate control, Bluetooth interface, paddle shifters, TPMS, Oil Life Monitor, 18 inch wheels.... well you get the picture. It's loaded, classy, reliable and looks fantastic. I look forward to every drive. The only thing I've noticed is a slight push when driving hard through turns. But still top notch vehicle

My favorite option is the memory seating. Followed closely by the rockin' factory stereo w/usb interface and sunroof. Those features add up to FUN.

I have no real complaints other than the rather busy center console. These vehicles are very desirable and finding one used at a reasonable price is a chore if you can find one at all in your area. I feel fortunate to own one.

LOVE THIS ROCKET SHIP!
By robloe30

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very picky about what I drive, which is why I chose the Coupe. This car has beautiful lines, I can't tell you how many compliments I get on this car. I bought the Polished Metal with Black Leather and couldn't be more happier. I could easily see 10 years from now this car still turning heads. I really wanted to buy stick shift but after I saw the automatic came with the paddle-shifters I chose the automatic and couldn't be more happy. What is truly amazing is that I've seen used versions of my car selling for nearly what I paid for the car Brand NEW! Oh Honda, I love their re-sale value. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Genesis Coupe. Oh and did I mention the car is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Styling of the exterior is absoulty beautiful, it looks like a pin-up girl! lol The car just looks fast, but yet it oozzes luxary, from a Honda! I've even had people tell me "Nice Acura!" then I have to tell them, no it's a Honda. The seats are not the most comfortable, but I'm smart enough to realize that this is truly a sports car, and well, that kinda comes with the territory. The seats are built for cornering support not long grandma comfort trips. If I wanted soft comfortable seats I would have bought a min-van. The suspension is very well engineered. It corners like it's on rails! I have no problem taking turns that are posted 35 MPH at 55-60 MPH and the tires don't even make a sound.

I would like to see Honda improve the tone of the exhuast a bit. I wish they had put a little growl in the exhaust note, this is something I'm looking into. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for my car to sound like a motorcycle, just a throatier exhaust note to enhance the overall driving experience. Also I think for what we pay for this sports coupe, Navigation should come standard, but that's just my opinion. I would have liked to see 19" wheels standard on this car as well. Gas mileage could be better but I also could drive a little slower as well. I notice when I push it the car seams to get about 13-17 MPG, that's not very good. Dash materials could be better from a Honda product too