2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not what it used to be.....
By emtjjp on 08/01/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda's in the past, my first car was an Accord (1992). So when I needed to purchase a reliable car, I went back to the Accord. How times have changed. The first thing I noticed is the build quality has gone down hill (cheap plastics, rattles in strange places etc). I had to replace my "battery" at 15K miles (what they consider a battery) and have just replaced the REAR brake pads and rotors at 29K miles. To me, it seems like Honda has started cheaping out. This will be my last Honda, until they start putting some quality back into their vehicles.

Honda does it again!
By gstavros on 04/13/11 07:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda. I love the solid feel of a Honda. It feels different than anything else on the road. I've had the Accord Coupe for about a month now. It drives about like I expected - super, but the big surprise has been the interior space. I am 6'2" and from the front seat, the cabin spreads up, out and down and envelopes me in comfort. The handling and braking are outstanding, and acceleration for a 4-cylinder is very nice. The complaint some have about the buttons is something I don't understand. I had them figured out in a day. But yeah, if you want big, toy-like dials, this isn't the car for you. Great trunk space and visibility for a coupe too.

Does no one else care about the harsh ride or am I just an old guy who doesn't like the feel of the streets?
By jimbo1937 on 03/26/11 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I posted once before about the harsh ride of this car. Only one other post refers to it, yet to me it is very noticeable. I traded in an '04 Prius, which, although a lighter car, was MUCH smoother over road imperfections. All other family members notice the difference. If you've ever been in a smooth driving car, you know what I mean. Can't believe Honda hasn't fixed the problem by now. Tire pressure at 35. If you go over a speed bump, the rear end flies up with a noticeable bang. Maybe I'm just an old guy who expects more comfort that an under #30,000 car provides.

Constant jittering except on the smoothest of roads
By jimbo1937 on 03/20/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wow, what a disappointing ride after driving a smooth Prius! Except on the very best roads, the car is constantly jittering and taking road imperfections hard. Watch your right leg; it will be constantly moving. Why hasn't Honda corrected this problem? Why do so few comment on it? Don't know why I didn't pick this up on my test drive. Tire pressure at 32. Within two minutes of being in the car, my granddaughter asked me if I HAD test driven it. Love the design and interior, with the heated seats and Bluetooth, but the ride is the key to enjoyment, and the car fails on this test.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*