Used 2011 Honda Accord LX-P Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2011 Honda Accord LX-P
By mike_in_sc

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Coming from a 2000 Honda Civic, this is a big step up. My Accord is a polished metal metallic (dark gray) LX-P and looks decently sharp for a mid-size sedan. I like most things about the Accord, but am a little disappointed that the interior isn't that much more comfortable than my Civic. I'm a relatively tall guy (6'2") and really wish the steering wheel telescoped out farther. I have to move the seat up much closer than I'd like to be able to comfortably reach the steering wheel, so a lot of the extra room gained by moving up from the Civic is not really usable to me. The lumbar support is too aggressive and not adjustable on the LX-P model.

Handles well for such a large car, decent fuel economy, slightly tweaked front and rear styling (many don't care for the new styling, but I like it). Has a solid feel. I have no doubt this Accord will give me many years of trouble-free operation. Definitely not the newest or best looking car in its class, but it's overall a solid offering.

Driver's seat leaves a lot to be desired. Overly aggressive lumbar support takes a lot of getting used to. Luckily I was able to get used to it. Based on many online forums I've come across, not everyone does. Interior is OK otherwise, definitely not best in class, but feels like it will hold up better than some of the rivals (Sonata, Camry...even the redesigned 2012 Camry, which I owned for two weeks before buying the Accord and absolutely HATED....most uncomfortable - for me - car I've ever had the displeasure to own...others really like it, so I guess comfort is subjective). This model is toward the end of its life cycle, and as such the technology is very basic on most trim levels.

Serves its purposes exactly as intended.. with a little bit of class..
By thunderhexed

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tired of the numerous issues I was having with my 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe, I decided it was time to get into something more practical and economical. Trying to dedide what to look at I just figured, hey, why not go back to my roots? My very first car in high school was a very clean and reliable 1985 Honda Accord LX. So off to the honda deealer I went. The first Accord I test drove I purchased a polished metal Accord LX-P. Granted, it doesn't perform like the Infiniti did, but this car just said to me, "hey! It's ok, to slow down a bit and just enjoy the ride and drive!" I feel safer, I can see better, the ride is firm yet supple and my insurance and fuel costs have dropped dramatically!

Being somewhat of a neatfreak, the first thing that caught my eye was how utilitarian the layout of the dash and interior are. No flashy, sparkly electronic gadgets to get in the way or break later - the dash reminds me of some of the older euro sedans such as BMW and Mercedes - very clean and aesthetically pleasing. The gas mileage is GREAT. In my infiniti, I was filling up with PREMIUM, once a week - in this car, I can go almost TWO WEEKS on a full tank and thats driving 30 miles one-way to work 5 days a week. The exterior fit and finish, looks almost like a BMW in the rear, I had chrome exterior handles and a spoiler added and tinted windows. I constantly get looks and compliments!

Being that the car is primarily plastic and vinyl on the interior, I think a little more soundproofing should be in order. Ive had the car for a year now and have almost 24K miles on it. For the most part, the car is still a dream to drive, mechanically, it has performed flawlessly, however, I have had to have it into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from the rear deck where the speakers are, and there is now a rattle in the front dash near the airbag area - comes and goes with temperature. Base speakers are weak, Bass has to stay on 2 and volume at 10 or below to avoid distortion. Overall, I know its not a high-end luxury sedean but it looks like one and is "almost" there. I'm happy.

A great value
By gccmb5

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Accord, and they continue to improve and refine them with each new model. Very well put together. I have had mine for about eight months and have almost 10K miles on it. Everything is still as it was when new. No squeaks, rattles, or issues of any kind. Great ride, great feel and handling. Tire noise is a little loud, but once I wear out the Dunlops I'll put on something quiter. I'm 6'4", so the seats could be a little larger, but there is plenty of head room and I have no problems driving for six hours at a stretch. The 4cyl is peppy around town, but it is by no means fast, I would describe it as adequate. I have need averaging just over 30mpg in mixed driving.

Great gas mileage for a car of this size. Huge trunk. Honda reliability and resale value. I love the interior, it is very nice place to spend time. Paint and finish durability is excellent, 10 months and not a single chip or scratch, and that is with quite a bit of hwy driving. Love the telescoping steering wheel, easy to find a comfortable driving position. Very accurate cruise control. Plenty of interior storage. Glad I went for the LX-P: Alloy wheels, security sytem, lighted door and steering wheel buttons plus more for not much more money.

I think they should make the 190HP 4 cylinder the base engine, or make it an option on the LX and LX-P, the 177HP 4cyl is a little weak at hwy speeds, but I didn't want to spend the extra $ to get the EX with the bigger 4cyl. Sound system is lacking, not the best sound quality and no USB input. Placement of the 12V power port in the center consol is strange, it is toward the middle of the compartment which takes up space and is hard to access.

Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.

While it is a pretty big different to go from an almost 300HP posrts coupe to a 4 cylinder Accord, I was surprised at how much pep the car has. I have no trouble getting on interstates in traffic or passing, even with air on. The ride is supple yet firm and responsive. I love the dash layout - has a very euro look to it. Backseat passengers always comment on the ample amount of space. The polished metal with chrome door trim and handles make it look very classy and upscale. I had a spoiler added to the rear deck for added appeal. It gets the looks from the others at work who are getting out of their Benz's and BMWs and such. I can go almost two weeks on a full tank driving 60 miles a day.

Only issue I have to comment on is, being an audiophile, the standard cd system, while adequate for most, is weak in my opinion. I listen to alot of electronic music such as club/house/downtempo and chillout. The speakers sound fine while parked in a garage, but while on highways, i have to turn the system up almost to 20 to hear anything decent and I have to keep the bass on C or 0. I don't blast my music by anymeans cuz i can't stand distortion, but I will definitly be looking into upgrading the speakers and amp system in this car and possibly going with an EX with premium sound next time around!

Another Winner from Honda
By bdazzled

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 09 Civic Sedan for the 2011 Accord LX-P. What a ride! Drives like a dream. All features are right there in front of you, easy/user friendly. I can't believe the engine is only a 4-cylinder for such a big car. This car has spunk. Why others have said the seats are uncomfortable, is beyond me. With the 8-position power seats & the Telescoping steering wheel-I was able to meld myself to the seat perfectly. Like sitting on my sofa at home. So far, this car has been perfect. I hope to Update this review in the Spring after our Winter here in the N.E. That's a true test for any car.

Outstanding over-all ride. Very comfortable seats. The CD/Radio Sysytem. All the features this car comes with on this trim level.

Well, yes-there is road noise that comes thru, but it's not overly intrusive, you get use to it. Standard window visors would have been a nice bonus, but are available as an accessory.