Nice car, but consumes oil
By slc on
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I had Honda Accord EX 4cyl 1998 for 12 years. It was a great car. I put 182000 miles on it. The car started to show some signs of wear and tear, but it never consumed/burn any oil. But it was time for update. Because my positive experience with my old Honda I just decided to go with new Honda Accord EX V6, I read positive reviews on Edmunds site and purchased one. Well I am very disappointed in the quality Honda delivered in this car. Engine consumes/burns oil. It consumes about 1 qt of oil every 4000 miles. Just to give you an idea 1 qt it is when oil is below lowest mark on orange dipstick. It looks like I am not alone, a lot of people who have Accords 2008, 2009, 2010 seeing this problem.
Favorite Features
VCM, Bluetooth, Homelink, tire pressure monitor.
Suggested Improvements
1. Most important, admit and fix oil consumption/burn issues in the V6 iVTEC VCM engines. 2. Make front seats more comfortable, add some more padding to them. 3. Make telescopic part of steering wheel retract more towards the seat.
By aslc
on 12/22/10 15:48 PM (PST)

Well still no solution from Honda for this problem. I understand that Honda working on the potential software/firmware fix for this problem, but mean while the engine continues to burn the oil and as a result of this other components in the car are getting damaged: catalytic converter, oxygen sensors and finally carbon build up in the engine. Very disappointing.