Disgusted with gas mileage
By driveon2 on
2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I have owned Honda's for the past 20 years so when it was time to by a new car I naturally decided to get a Honda Accord LXP 4 Cylinder. I liked the looks of the car, it drove nice and I thought that with a 4 cylinder I would get pretty good gas mileage. Boy was I wrong! The fuel effeciency has been extremely poor 16-18 mpg in town and a combined Highway & City of 22 mpg. If I had to do it over I'm not sure I would buy a Honda again.
Favorite Features
Stylish look of car. Visability from inside the car, no blind spots. Wishbone suspension
Suggested Improvements
Drivers seat is very uncomfortable Better Gas Mileage Better undercoating so you don't get so much road noise inside the car
By f1wanabe
on 01/30/11 09:32 AM (PST)

No, driveon2 is right. The posted numbers for city is 23 MPG. This is way off. I drive a VW diesel and know how to maximize fuel economy. For example, my VW Jetta is rated 46 mpg highway and I can get 50 with my driving habits. This car gets 19mpg when you are careful. Less if you are not. My only hope is that the break in will improve it, but no way a broken in engine will improve by 4-5 mpg.

By jmajszak231
on 02/18/11 10:03 AM (PST)

if that is what you are getting for fuel economy there is something really wrong with your car. i have the 2010 haccord EX-L v-6 and i get 19 in town and 28 highway.