Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Some drawbacks but pleased
By wyomatt

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Glad for a car this loaded under $26k. Snow tires for these 18's are $1k so we just relied on ESC/ABS. No winter problems but I'd be torn if still in the Dakotas. With spirited driving expect 19mpg city/27 hiway @82. Use low octane for best results. Don't use high-octane on Accords as they do not have high-compression so not only is it wasteful but actually reduces mileage. Low octane doesn't mean inferior gas....it means it burns quicker. Accords all suffer with road noise, even after using several can of rubberized undercoating it's still almost unacceptably loud. This is surprising as they obviously attempted an upscale feel. If you want peace and quiet better get the Acura.

Power & handling feel above average with "seat of the pants" feeling regardless of what's on paper Refined looks. Supportive seats. Good handling feel over our '04 coupe...rides like a sporty coupe, low profile but good on rough roads. Acceleration is slightly better than previous Accords; steering/handling/braking are head & shoulders above. Get the V6 - better handling, power is night vs day, and fuel economy is still pretty close.

Fix the Accord road noise for once!!!! Fix the huge sight-blocking front pillar that plagues all Accord Coupes. Center dash controls are ambiguous and ugly. After a year I still have to search for button functions. Dash juts out unacceptably where is meets the door - a real knee-knocker and I'm inly 5'11". Ouch!

Honda Lover
By molliebear1979

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda Accord but my first 4 door. I feel that they down grated on the interior. Everything is plastic. I find the car rattles at times when the ac is running. It doesn't do it all the time. It also makes a loud noise when the temp outside changes when I turn my ac on. Is anyone else hearing any noises kind of like a roar noise when the ac is on? I love my Honda other than the ac noise.

Great car for the price
By arizgeorge1

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord is very comfortable and the 4 cyl is adquate for my type of driving. I have almost 4000 miles on it and the gas mileage is reasonable. Interior and outside design is similar to other vehicles in its price range -- nothing unique. I was disappointed that an outside temperature gauge is only available on the top model. For highway safety reasons, it should be standard across the board! Don't expect any technical support from Customer Service at Honda headquarters. They will just refer you back to your dealer.

Low maintenance and less frequent oil changes. We are also fortunate to have a great Honda service dept. here in our town.

Add outside temperature gauge to all models! Arm rests on front doors are to low for support. The dashboard is curved too much on the ends, causing your knees to hit the dashboard on entering the car.

Enjoying this car
By exarchon2

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Accord in August '10. Now have 5,000 miles. Silky smooth transmission. Very comfortable inside. The 4 cylinder has adequate power, but won't win any races. Wanted a 5 speed, but none available so took the auto - very smooth but not as fun. Previous car was a Subaru Legacy, and I miss the AWD. Accord consistently gets 23 MPG in mostly city driving. If doing it again, I might get a Civic SI...but overall, very pleased with the Accord.

Flawless engine performance, smooth automatic. I like the exterior design of the coupe. Overall, a very solid and pleasant car to drive.

Wanted an EX-L with a manual transmission - almost impossible to get. Settled on a 5-sp automatic. Very good transmission, but not as fun as the manual. Mileage is ok, but would like to have more. A bit of a blind spot on the driver's side quarter panel - not bad, but a bigger window would be welcome.

My 5th Accord
By mj06iu

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am happy with this car. I have owned 17 cars in the last 19 years and Honda's have been easy to drive because of their great resale value. I drive about 40K miles per year, so I need a reliable that I will not lose my shorts when I fall out of love with it. I am a bit disappointed with Honda's lack of extras compared to competitors. So like I said, I'm happy with it just not in love. I will say that my last car that I owned for 30months was a 2007 Acura TL S-Type and I LOVED it. At the end of the day I would love to be able to buy American, however the reliability and value for my buck just doesn't seem to be there yet.

Bluetooth, HID lights, and sporty stiff seats and steering.....LOL(yes I love them!)

Offer black interior with more colors exteriors. Turn signals in the side view mirrors. AWD

• SUV