Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car for the price
By arizgeorge1

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord is very comfortable and the 4 cyl is adquate for my type of driving. I have almost 4000 miles on it and the gas mileage is reasonable. Interior and outside design is similar to other vehicles in its price range -- nothing unique. I was disappointed that an outside temperature gauge is only available on the top model. For highway safety reasons, it should be standard across the board! Don't expect any technical support from Customer Service at Honda headquarters. They will just refer you back to your dealer.

Favorite Features

Low maintenance and less frequent oil changes. We are also fortunate to have a great Honda service dept. here in our town.

Suggested Improvements

Add outside temperature gauge to all models! Arm rests on front doors are to low for support. The dashboard is curved too much on the ends, causing your knees to hit the dashboard on entering the car.

Enjoying this car
By exarchon2

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Accord in August '10. Now have 5,000 miles. Silky smooth transmission. Very comfortable inside. The 4 cylinder has adequate power, but won't win any races. Wanted a 5 speed, but none available so took the auto - very smooth but not as fun. Previous car was a Subaru Legacy, and I miss the AWD. Accord consistently gets 23 MPG in mostly city driving. If doing it again, I might get a Civic SI...but overall, very pleased with the Accord.

Favorite Features

Flawless engine performance, smooth automatic. I like the exterior design of the coupe. Overall, a very solid and pleasant car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Wanted an EX-L with a manual transmission - almost impossible to get. Settled on a 5-sp automatic. Very good transmission, but not as fun as the manual. Mileage is ok, but would like to have more. A bit of a blind spot on the driver's side quarter panel - not bad, but a bigger window would be welcome.

My 5th Accord
By mj06iu

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am happy with this car. I have owned 17 cars in the last 19 years and Honda's have been easy to drive because of their great resale value. I drive about 40K miles per year, so I need a reliable that I will not lose my shorts when I fall out of love with it. I am a bit disappointed with Honda's lack of extras compared to competitors. So like I said, I'm happy with it just not in love. I will say that my last car that I owned for 30months was a 2007 Acura TL S-Type and I LOVED it. At the end of the day I would love to be able to buy American, however the reliability and value for my buck just doesn't seem to be there yet.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, HID lights, and sporty stiff seats and steering.....LOL(yes I love them!)

Suggested Improvements

Offer black interior with more colors exteriors. Turn signals in the side view mirrors. AWD

Disgusted with gas mileage
By driveon2

2010 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda's for the past 20 years so when it was time to by a new car I naturally decided to get a Honda Accord LXP 4 Cylinder. I liked the looks of the car, it drove nice and I thought that with a 4 cylinder I would get pretty good gas mileage. Boy was I wrong! The fuel effeciency has been extremely poor 16-18 mpg in town and a combined Highway & City of 22 mpg. If I had to do it over I'm not sure I would buy a Honda again.

Favorite Features

Stylish look of car. Visability from inside the car, no blind spots. Wishbone suspension

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat is very uncomfortable Better Gas Mileage Better undercoating so you don't get so much road noise inside the car

GREAT CAR
By bolivero25

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is wonderful. I bought it brand new about 2 months ago. So far so good. Engine is strong for a 4-cylinder. The seats are a little bit uncomfortable, but you eventually get use to them. For the most part it is fun to drive. The V-6 must be amazing. Honda has one of the strongest re-sale values, so that's a plus. It get's you from point A to Point B with a sense of style. It is definitely a big car, so if you like small sedans this is not the car for you. Gas is great but the tank is huge, you put 20 bucks and the needle doesn't move. This is my first car and it looks like I will be a Honda Lover for the rest of my life.

Favorite Features

Strong Engine, smooth transmission. Huge interior space. Auto up down windows. Easy to drive. Vent for rear passengers. Nice rims. Nothing really sticks out perfect but it does everything average, so it makes it the perfect car. Great car!

Suggested Improvements

Radio Controls are ridiculous. I have been told that it looks like i am playing a video game, just trying to change stations. The road noise is a little bit loud. Sunroof doesn't open all the way, and you will notice that it is very small. Auto up down windows only on the front two windows. Car takes forever to heat up. Brakes could be a lot stronger. Car slides a lot, I had to learn how to take off properly. Hard to park. Rear visibility is horrible, you must learn to back up with your mirrors. Bad