Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

not as reliable as expected
By jmsms

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing.
Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature.
I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas).
Some of these failures can be catastrophic.
I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure.
Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

V6 nice, smooth, good power. Like the way it drives. seems to have pretty good build quality for what I paid for the vehicle.

issue with brakes, suspension as stated. interior dome lights have issues of reliability as well and are difficult to service/replace bulbs.

Poor Gas Mileage and Oil consumption
By slazar77

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Accord V6, and i get anywhere between 14.5 - 15.5 mph. I drive in the city, do not accelerate fast, and only use Shell oil (87, sometimes 89). Tire pressure is always checked.

Also, i do burn about 3/4-1 quart of oil about 1,000 miles. The dealership tells me that burning 1 quart of oil between 1,000 and 1,500 miles falls within Honda's guidelines. (Maybe they just changed the guidelines?? No other car seems to have this issue)

Anybody experienced same issues. Anybody brought their car to the dealer for an "oil consumption test"?

Beware buying this vehicle. It's an awesome car. But if i knew i would get an average of 15 mph, i wouldn't bought something else.

Hidden Gem
By jrasero23

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Odd to say an Accord is a hidden gem, but Honda sells thousands of more 4 door sedans compared to the 2 door coupes, so its easy to overlook the coupe.
The coupe is 70% mid size sedan and 30% sports car.
No one will ever think the Accord is a sports car, but with its sporty coupe shape, Bentley like back, and aggressive front the coupe looks great.
Pair the coupe up with a V6 and you have 271 HP to whip you around.
Where the coupe falls short from a sports car is steering which is numb and while the VCM saves gas, acceleration isn't always 100% smooth with the auto.
By far the Accord coupe has one of the biggest backs and trunks for a coupe.

Style: Bentley like taillights, aggressive front, and great lines Power: 271 HP 3.4 liter V6 Reliability: it's a Honda and mine has 42,000 miles with no problems

Little things such as: MPG meter mirror turn signals Bluetooth Audio Leather is a bit cheap Front has way too many buttons steering is numb

Sexy Beast
By nairad

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. This is the first car I have even owned and it has so far been a perfect match for me. It is sleek and stylish with a very fierce look to it. I bought her used and have so far had no problems. She drive like a champion, and I dare say, quite like a mustang (drove one a lot in drivers ed) . This baby is able to take some fast corners without loosing any traction! Great breaks and the dash is very well organized. I can reach out and instantly know where the button I'm looking for is.
I cant wait to test her out in some snow.

Sleek and stylish fierce look, great handling, great on the gas for a v6

As much as I would love to say the car is perfect, I do wish she had a sharper turning radius. I'm still use to my dads outback's ability to turn on a dime.

Honda used to mean quality
By pjinca1

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2010 Honda Accord has been pretty terrible. From panel gaps you can drive
a truck through to the battery lasting less than 3yrs/40k miles. Andd now, the NAV is blank, dead, deceased, it is an Ex-NAV system. Pathetic considering the 3yr/36k mile warranty.

Bluetooth and NAV screen that darkens at night (when it decides it wants to work at all)

Come one Honda, get your act together. Most people I know with older accords and civics drive them for 250k+ miles, the quality has dropped off significantly and our next car will most DEFINITELY not be a Honda