Used 2010 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Can't trust this car
By frustrated2013

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2010 Accord for a little over three years. Just this year, I was told the oil was low so I needed a $125 software update. Within a couple of months, I was stranded on the highway with what Honda says was misfired spark plugs because of the low oil. Spark plugs changed software update re-done on June 1. By, July 7, oil was low again, I added a quart and then again around 2 weeks later. Last night noticed the car running rough, then it happened again. Check again light flashing car feeling like it was going to shut off. Off to the dealership we go....time to get rid of this clunker!!! I am so disappointed. Wish Honda would step up to the plate, Toyota did.

Honda Accord Reliability
By gimpus

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Accord is nothing but trouble. In t.5 years, I've experienced all the problems mentioned in the past blogs....oil consumption of 1 qt per 1000 miles is "normal". I purchased an Accord to do the exact opposite of what I am doing now--checking oil levels, spending time at the dealership letting mechanics tell me everything is within "parameters". Now I had to change brakes, deal with AC not getting cool, flashing check engine lights, wheel alignment problems; all in 2.5 years. I am a careful driver and 80% of the mileage was on highways. Avoid this car.

Comfortable, looks great inside and out.

Engine and alignment.

Disappointed
By honda2517

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the V6 EX-L early in 2010. Starting at 40,000 the car started to "consume" oil. The dealer says that it is normal to "consume 1 quart per 1000 miles. This is completely ridiculous. People say well oil isn't that expensive, just add as needed. I am concerned about the long term reliability. I am also appalled that all the service people at the dealer say it is normal. This is a company problem and I will not own another Honda.

Look of the car.

Own up to issues and correct the problem instead of having the employees lie to your customers. I meet close to 10 new people a week at my job and whenever I can I tell them about this issue. Stay away from Honda!

Buyer Beware!
By tflower

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a three time Honda buyer because of the reliability of the vehicles. This car has major issues with oil consumption due to poor engine design. At three years old and 50K the engine has to be replaced. I had the oil changed 4 weeks prior and the car started running rough and check engine light came on. There was not any oil on the dipstick! Honda knows there is a problem but has not issued any warnings or recalls. The fact that they are not forthcoming has really angered me. This is not Honda quality or reliability. Buyer beware and do your research before buying this vehicle.

Bad car no dealer support
By dennisrk

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord uses oil 1liter every 4000 km, gas milage is very poor 9.5 km to the liter best I ever got on a trip.The bumpers are a different color than the rest of the car.Dealer blames milage on blended fuel ,I get 8km to the liter with my f150 4wheel drive.