2010 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2010 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

GREAT CAR
By bolivero25

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is wonderful. I bought it brand new about 2 months ago. So far so good. Engine is strong for a 4-cylinder. The seats are a little bit uncomfortable, but you eventually get use to them. For the most part it is fun to drive. The V-6 must be amazing. Honda has one of the strongest re-sale values, so that's a plus. It get's you from point A to Point B with a sense of style. It is definitely a big car, so if you like small sedans this is not the car for you. Gas is great but the tank is huge, you put 20 bucks and the needle doesn't move. This is my first car and it looks like I will be a Honda Lover for the rest of my life.

Favorite Features

Strong Engine, smooth transmission. Huge interior space. Auto up down windows. Easy to drive. Vent for rear passengers. Nice rims. Nothing really sticks out perfect but it does everything average, so it makes it the perfect car. Great car!

Suggested Improvements

Radio Controls are ridiculous. I have been told that it looks like i am playing a video game, just trying to change stations. The road noise is a little bit loud. Sunroof doesn't open all the way, and you will notice that it is very small. Auto up down windows only on the front two windows. Car takes forever to heat up. Brakes could be a lot stronger. Car slides a lot, I had to learn how to take off properly. Hard to park. Rear visibility is horrible, you must learn to back up with your mirrors. Bad

Best Honda yet
By fnc119

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 6 months and taken on several long trips. The performance is outstanding, the car is comfortable and the MPG is as advertised. Have performed the routine maintenance and expect to keep the car for years. My son-in-law liked mine so much he bought one too and feels the same as I do.

Favorite Features

Seats are great for long drives (6 ft 2 in, 210 lbs) plenty of backseat room for same size son and son-in-law.

Suggested Improvements

Outside temp gauge and fog lights sb standard.

Another Great Honda
By Ben B

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in an Acura on this car and feel like I stepped up to a more enjoyable experience. I drive a Ridgeline and the dealer experience is one reason we bought the Accord. They do a great job. Have previously owned Accords (1996, 2002) and also have two Civics in the family. I'm a 30 year dealership Service Manager (never with Honda) and now have only these trouble free cars in our garage. Fun to drive and the V6 helps when merging with freeway traffic.

Favorite Features

V6 Engine, audio system, navi, heated seats standard, fog lights standard.

Suggested Improvements

EX-L with Navi should have rear view camera standard.

A Winner!
By Pat

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just sod a Nissan Maxima and went new with 10' Accord LX. Getting used to the 177 HP vs the Maxima but not regretting with 34 mpg highway. Other reviews are correct,the seats are not comfy at first but they are not a deal breaker. Overall, a great car with great fuel economy..and the fuel savings really adds up vs big V6's. This is our third Honda. Went away for several years and thought we would try Accord. Not disappointed!

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, peppy acceleration, styling,very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Option for Bluetooth for all Trims...This is the law in New York. More lease program specials with EX 4cyl model.

Bad Honda
By Doug

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my '08 Ford Fusion for the 2010 Accord Sedan EX. I miss my Fusion. There is too much road noise on the 4 cyl version. the 190 hp doesn't kick in until about 6000 rpm? my Fusion was faster and more fun to drive. I gave up trunk space for the Honda name. Gas mileage is about the same as I was getting with the small v6 on the Fusion. There are a lot of bells and whistles that the Fusion had that the Accord doesn't, that you would think would be standard on a higher level car. I have also owned a 2004 Honda Accord. I preferred that one better than this one. the 160 hp was better than my 190? The best thing about this car is that it's a Honda and I only have it for 3 yrs.

Favorite Features

The Styling and the Sunroof. The car does turn heads.

Suggested Improvements

I feel there should be less road noise. the 190hp engine should be more responsive.

Excellent Car
By BluePearl

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Aug 2010. I chose Honda because of my experience with a previous 1999 Honda Accord that I still have and still drives like a dream with very little maintenance. The 2010 Accord is also a great car. I love the VCM feature and unlike what other people said, I found it to be super smooth and I do not feel any issue with it. I love the extra power that the 6 cylinder provides and really love speeding up and merging into traffic. After driving this 6 cylinder, I am never going back to 4 cylinders. I am getting very close to 20 mpg in city driving and get as high as 29 to 20 mpg in highway driving. The level of noise inside the cabin is nothing compared to what I expected.

Favorite Features

VCM, 6 Cylinder Power, Interior Room, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Memory Seat, Backup Camera and Backup Sensors should be included in the highest trim level. The disclaimer screen should be eliminated from the Navigation start up mode. It is very annoying. Indicator lights on the back of the side mirrors will also be a good idea.

My first Honda
By Blanca

2010 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned only Toyotas (corollas and Sienna), this is the first time I bought a 2010 Accord LX sedan, 4 cylinders. The test drive seemed OK. But after a week of driving I notice excessive vibration in the car when braking at low and even worse at high speed. I took it to the dealer and they resurfaced the front rotors. Other thing that I am noticing is the vibration of the front car at idle when the car automatic transmission is in D position.

Favorite Features

Nice body shape, nice interior

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, reduce exterior noise and smooth ride

I'll never buy another Honda
By BJ

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Problems: A/C poor. GM figured it out 40 yrs ago. Squeak & rattles at shifter/headliner/sunroof/dash. Daytime RL makes speakers "buzz" Tires force balanced, still ng. Water leaks behind both rear door trim pads. Poor hood/fender fit. Poor taillight to body fits. Exhaust misaligned to bumper cover. VERY ROUGH 2 to 1 downshift (Dealer says normal)Poor driver door fit. Hondas are so over-hyped. They have the same problems as other cars, it's just that most people don't notice. Honda builds the same garbage as every other maker in this price range. I can imagine the problems this will have when it has more than 3K.

Favorite Features

Steps over road bumps well. Powerful. Decent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Radio. True power passenger seat & seat BACK heater. 6 speed Auto. Dump the VCM(3/4/6 cyl )Better material for rear package tray. Better display for radio/climate control. Better grade of carpet. METAL door handles inside/outside. HONDA incapable of fixing anything UNLESS it has a diagnostic code

Not quite the Accord it used to be
By Tom H

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This my 4th, and worst, Accord (I had a 98, 02, and 07). The Accord has never been quiet, but this one seems loud at all speeds, with an ever-present booming sound in the cabin (ANC?). The ride has improved, but it's still quite firm. It handles fine, but the steering feels dull and spongy on-center which is unusual for an Accord. Power from the I4/5AT is mediocre. It's fine at part-throttle, but always feels flat-footed when you push it. The interior is big and well-arranged, with a large, comfy back seat. The front seats are the worst of any Accord yet (the 07 had the best) because the headrest pushes my head forward uncomfortably. Terrible sound system, even my '02 sounded better.

Favorite Features

Aux input (2011 adds USB), MP3 CD playback, good mileage (28 MPG in local driving), roomy rear seat, excellent safety features, smooth acceleration, precise steering and good ride-handling compromise for a family sedan, EX's noisy exhaust can be amusing sometimes, but obnoxious most of the time.

Suggested Improvements

Lower road noise and get rid of the booming sound caused by the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) trying to cover up the overtly loud exhaust on EX models. I4 desperately needs more torque, or less weight to haul around. Needs a 6-speed. Bring back the seats and stereo from the '07.

3rd Accord
By STLAdam

2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best Accord yet. Low comfort ratings? For who? mini me? This car could not be more comfortable. The deck lid spoiler is a must to complete the rear. Voice commands, navi and many other geeked out toys on this bad boy are better than what my BMW friends have. Some say too many buttons...I say give me more! It's 2010 more buttons are coming anyway. Very classy car.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

The deck lid spoiler is a must to complete the rear.