2010 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2200 miles in the first month!

2010 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2200 miles in the first month!
By Jay C. on

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord almost exactly a month ago & have made a few road trips in it already. My previous daily car was a '04 VW GTI VR6, which honestly I'm already starting to miss. I've owned a few Honda's in the past, and the reliability/cost of ownership/value was the reason for my purchase. On long trips, it's not a bad cruiser, & around town if you can get used to it's mammoth size, it's not too bad. It needs sway bars, better brakes, & a halfway-decent stereo like yesterday. It's better suited for people who view cars as appliances rather than adrenaline pumps. It's an ideal car for retirees, which is why I'm handing the keys to my parents in about a year or two.

This is actually difficult. I suppose the predicted reliability, ownership costs, & value for money. Large moon roof is nice, interior volume gobbles things up, & it's not bad on long road trips. The fit & finish is typical Honda good. May not be "excellent" in one thing, but does many things good.

Sporting up the suspension/brakes/steering to what used to be the Accord's greatest asset. Install a stereo that has some power & add a USB port. 190hp & 21 mpg in the city!?! Needs sound deadening bad - it might help the stereo out to acceptable levels. Needs about 30 more hp, & 50 more tq.